Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't run a half marathon for thirteen years but really looking forward to this one through some of the most wonderful scenery in the Yorkshire Dales. According to my measurements the route is more like 13.50 miles with around 2,000 ft of ascent - so all the more to enjoy!
It takes place from Wharfedale RUFC at Threshfield on Saturday, June 2nd at 11 am. Being under FRA rules runners must carry map, compass, whistle and full body cover in case of inclement weather. Water is available at two of the checkpoints but it's advisable to carry some extra fluid - and perhaps a few jelly babies! Entry on the day costs £14 which covers the cost of a substantial hot meal and a race T-shirt for all finishers.
So, if there are any forumites in the area, or even farther afield, who fancy a challenging race with magnificent views, get yourselves along for a really enjoyable day.
Cheers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
How did you get on

I did the full Marathon. Was hard work. We had a few club members who did half.
Was hard and suffering now. :eek: One of hardest Marathon I've done.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
eric green said:
I did the full Marathon. Was hard work. We had a few club members who did half. Was hard and suffering now. :eek: One of hardest Marathon I've done.
Welcome to the forum. I did the half marathon yetserday and must admit it drained me a bit. Had to lie down for an hour when I got home! Don't know how the winner of the full marathon ran it in less than three hours in that heat, it took me 2.13.02 to run the half!
But it was a great day, and all very laid back. Enjoyed the full meal at the end of it, and the cameraderie. Also, managed to pick up the prize for 1st MV65 - which is rather amazing given that I'm over 75!
Which club do you run for, and do you know if the results have been posted anywhere yet?
Cheers!
PS. Have just seen your profile and see you run with Valley Striders. Had to pull all the stops out yesterday to beat one of your members, Peter Lambert, a MV70 who ran a very good race but finished just behind me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not seen results yet.
Yes Peter a good friend and member of our club.
The winners of the Marathon must have been really fast to get times like they did in that heat.
Well done on your prize for the race.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Runningfox said:
Welcome to the forum. I did the half marathon yetserday and must admit it drained me a bit. Had to lie down for an hour when I got home! Don't know how the winner of the full marathon ran it in less than three hours in that heat, it took me 2.13.02 to run the half!
But it was a great day, and all very laid back. Enjoyed the full meal at the end of it, and the cameraderie. Also, managed to pick up the prize for 1st MV65 - which is rather amazing given that I'm over 75!
Which club do you run for, and do you know if the results have been posted anywhere yet?
Cheers!
PS. Have just seen your profile and see you run with Valley Striders. Had to pull all the stops out yesterday to beat one of your members, Peter Lambert, a MV70 who ran a very good race but finished just behind me.
Well done on that. I did my off road half on the IOW today. I was a minute slower than last year with the heat, but I was still first by some way, so I'm happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts