Runners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m a fairly new runner as I’ve been running for about 1.5 years. I’ve run around 10 5K’s, 4 half marathons, and will be in my first marathon in 3.5 weeks. Ran about 800 miles last year.

I haven’t really had any issues with my feet until recently. Took almost 2 months off through the holidays but I’m back at it. This past weekend, at about mile 4, my feet started getting numb and then it felt as if there were lumps under my feet as if blood was pooling under there or something. I walked for about a mile and then it stopped. I was able to run another 5 miles without issue. Then today, I went out and again at mile 4, my feet got numb and it felt as if there were pools of blood on the bottom of my feet. Maybe it’s just the sensation of them falling asleep. Is this blood pooling? Is this a circulation problem? Too much training?My shoes aren’t new and they aren’t too tight. I would say it feels like it’s happening on the ball of my feet right behind my middle toes. Feels fairly bruised under there with a warm sensation now about 4 hours after.

Thanks for any help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts