Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya everyone - I joined this forum last week - as am starting running again after 7 years - I wasn't able to go out last Friday for a walk/jog due to be sick the previous evening, and it rained non stop anyway. :(

However, just got back from a 1 minute jog, 2 minutes walk x 6 - about 25 minutes all together I think (warm up and cool down walk included)- and with my new trainers I didn't feel so much like plodding the path like I was last week in an older pair of trainers. Feel great for pushing myself to do it - it wasn't easy have to say, but much easier on my feet with the trainers, and that does help.

I am so happy that I got out :d - and this time I didn't care if there were other people about, I just went for it and thought about how good I'm feeling, if I'm wobbling about I thought, so what.... I won't be wobbling about for long if I carry on!

I'm going out again on Wednesday and Friday, doing the same 1 minute run, 2 minute walk. So will probably send another message - just to show off of course ;) - as I can't go telling all the mums in the playground can I?!!!

Half term next week, so will probably do the same pattern and then will do 1 minute walk and 1 minute run the week after - lots of weight to lose so will take it easy on my joints!!! :d

Christine

·
Registered
52 Posts
Good for you Christine!:d Thats the key for me, just don't give a stuff for what other people think, I'm out there doin' it and they can please themselves what they think!;)

My other half just can't do it, all she thinks about is what people think what she looks like. I've tried to tell her that it doesn't matter but no luck.:(

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Great post Christine... That's the kind of post that should encourage more and more people to get out there and give running a try. Of course it's not for everyone, but if you go out and it clicks for you, then it really is one of the most emotional and warming feelings I can think of.

Great stuff Christine, keep it up :d

·
Registered
56 Posts
How's it going MAB? I agree with you about the new trainers, mine have made a huge difference to me and my left knee has stopped clicking after each run. The shop bloke has sorted my "naughty left foot" by the looks of it :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts