Runners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm racing at Gateshead in the North Eastern cross country league this weekend. I love those cross countries, cold and muddy :)

What's everyone else up to?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Bushy Park 5k time trial Saturday.
24k long run Sunday - Thames path to Walton Bridge, over the bridge, back through Shepperton, Lower Sunbury, Hampton, half-way round Bushy Park, pass Hampton Court, over Hampton Court Bridge, turn right, get into bath, bliss...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Meeting up with some club mates at 7am tomorrow. Going for a hilly/muddy 11-12 miles then maybe add on an extra 5-6 miles if I feel OK.

Was supposed to be doing a fell race on Sunday, but poor organisation (on my part, I thought the fell race was going to be on Saturday) means that I told my gf that she was free to enter a 10k and I'd look after the little dude. So I'll be up in Dewsbury watching the 10k on Sunday morning, and missing the race I'd entered (I race often, she races infrequently so it's only fair!!).

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm not sure if it's the yorkshire champs. I did it last year and it's a very flat, fast out and back along the same road, not hugely inspiring, but quick!! Usually has some very useful competitors.

What local race are you doing instead? Mine was supposed to be Charnwood Hills, sort of a mix between fell/XC over 12.5 miles.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Getting very drunk and also 2-3 hour bike Sat am, optional 45 min swim pm. Sun - 2 -2.5 hour bike straight into 5 mile off-road league race.

I shall then eat lots of pies.

·
Registered
67 Posts
nothing on saturday as I'm at a work thing all day. Long run on sunday - 12-14 miles, and maybe a short bike too - 2 hours max.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Tonight I am working... providing Indian Head massages and Reiki treatments to women on a 'Ladies Night' fundraising event.

Tomorrow, apart from running 12ish miles I'm going to a party... a couple of friends, one of which is a club member, are emigrating to Canada in a couple of weeks :(

Sunday, apart from a 6ish mile run, I will be going to my club's annual awards. Last year I was awarded Ladies Marathon Champion...so fingers crossed for this year ;)

·
Registered
419 Posts
My normal weekend schedule now (for training):

• Saturday - Bushy Park Time Trial 5km treated as tempo run.
  • Sunday - long run around Richmond Park - probably do 2 laps tomorrow - so 14.5 miles.

Also got to fit in some rugby watching (on the telly only) too!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Update on the weekend's activities...

12ish turned out to be 14 miles on Saturday, 6ish turned out to be 8 miles on Sunday and I was nominated for 3 awards this afternoon... Ladies Marathon Champion, Superhero Award, and Club Champion. I was awarded the Club Superhero for running 5 marathons and 3 ultras last year and breaking my PB at every distance from 10k to ultra :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Well done Trinity. That's impressive.

Update on my w-e :
5k time trial - was expecting to smash my PB by 30 secs. Only beat it by 2 secs in the end :(
24k run turned into a 10k run as Greg Jnr was ill and I didn't want to be out of the house for too long :( again

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Greg... look at it this way, you got a PB... and now you can get another one without having to try as hard as you would if you'd broken it by 30 seconds... well done! :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mine was as planned except the XC was 30 secs or so slower (in total not per mile) than the 6 min miles I wanted. :(

I'm using the mud (and my use of flats!) as well as the 47 miles on the bike I completed 10 mins before the start of the race. :d

I am sure my flashy new x-socks made me quicker. ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I only did 10 miles on sunday and no bike. I think the excess wine and junk food during my night away in b'ham, combined with the stress of flying go to me. I was running 30 seconds a mile slower than usual, and at a higher HR.

I did the bike today, and fell off.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Went with a friend fell running, from Friday to sun afternoon. Great weather and enjoyed camping out and running. Was hard, with two really long runs in the morning and evenings, and just chilling out in the midday. Well worth it, we are both well tanned, legs ache, body aches, but loved it. Of course being out gets away from noise, fumes and bad foods.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts