Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your goals this year? Do you have a big target race or distance you want to comcentrate on? Tell us everything.

I have a trail HM in June, if i can get some decent training going i may steonit up to the full. Pretty unlikely though.

I would like to do a bit more fell running. Other than that just keep going.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
5k PB's, hopefully get below 18:30.
10k - PB which will be anything below 41, but sub 40 would be cool.

Do a 1/2 marathon. Won't be a PB as my best is 1:31:30 in my only half which was pretty good, but 7 years ago so anything below 1:40:00 would be good.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I prefer not tp make targets nowadays as it just creates unecesary preasure! I hope to get a few PB's though! :d

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
I'm being sensible for a change! In the first half of the year I have a couple of 5k's, a couple of 10 k's and a 12 mile of road event, that you can either walk or run. The second half of the year will be focussed on a 15km in the Lakes and a half mara in the Highlands.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Any PB will do , I haven't had one for 2.5 years !

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Quite like a sub18 parkrun time and a 3.0x marathon time, but no.1 thing for me is to just become a better and fitter runner as i nose dive into old age (40 this year) ;)

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Since a got a pace for London it's become my main focus for the early part of 2017.

I'm aiming for a ecent grack at London (for me) and worst case a PB in London (anything faster than 3:50) which I think I can achieve assuming training goes to plan.

I'm on the fence about the carpark marathon at the moment as I'm not sure how it fits in with London.

I'll review my goals for April onwards after London

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
PBS! Only one last year.

50th park run.

Would really like a sub 40 10k.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
My goals for this year are as follows:

5k - sub 20
10k - sub 42
10M - sub 70
HM - sub 95
Marathon - sub 3:20

I've had the same goals for the shorter distances for a couple of years now. At least I am gradually moving closer to them. I did manage to PB at all 5 distances this year but improvements were quite small.

·
4,316 Posts
I am currently on 46 park runs so I would like to get to 50, should be ok with that.
I have a marathon on 23rd April, no time targets just looking to complete it in one piece :lol:
I would also like to do another 1 or 2 duathlons and then hopefully a triathlon.
Fingers crossed to stay fit, healthy and injury free for the rest of the year:tup:

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
I achieved half of my 2016 goals.
But I have been having this one since 2014 - "Beat two PBs" - and have not even gotten close.
I am taking a different approach to training right now and let's see if there will be any positive results.

So, my 2017 running goals are:

- Beat two PBs.

- Race more often, at least twice a month until July.

- Continue to help the kids (and 4 adults) I'm coaching achieve their goals.

- Enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
1st goal is to survive a bout of man flu.

A sub 20min 5k would be good.
Be fit enough to enjoy and do wel in LAMM in June
Maybe 1-2 30-40 milers, not fussed about anything mega long this year.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Running Hadrian's Wall is my main goal for the year. Other than that it is to enjoy my running and not worry about PBs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Hadn't really thought about this too much.

5k - sub 19
10k - sub 40
10 mile - 67 mins maybe, got a 10 mile race early April.

Might do a half later in the year but main focus is shorter races for another year.

Parkruns goal is to get to 100, currently on 77 after yesterday's double.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts