Runners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
:tup::tup:

Have been trying for years to do 100 races in a year - last year with injuries I did 73, down from 81 in 2015. Perhaps I'll manage it in 2017
That's mightly impressive. If I told my wife I was going to do 100 races she would kill/divorce me. I'll be happy with 12.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I'm going to keep my goals modest this year... I'd like to beat last year's time in the Coventry Way Challenge, and get my 5k time back down to my PB. Most importantly, I want to NOT get injured, since that kind of ruined 2016 from a running point of view.

Oh, and get rid of the 3 extra kilos that have sneaked on... :D

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
That's mightly impressive. If I told my wife I was going to do 100 races she would kill/divorce me. I'll be happy with 12.
Stu - the secret is to get your wife running the same races then she can't moan :d
In actual fact, last year, with me being injured for a few weeks she ended up doing more than me!

·
Registered
221 Posts
For me it'l be less racing, more training, it's much cheaper.
It certainly is but I've spent the last 10 years training for a couple of big events each year and to be honest I want different things from my running career. Disclaimer, this may well change in the future :p

·
Registered
836 Posts
I really need to PB my 10k and 5k times

·
Registered
182 Posts
Having had a bad time with injury end of last year since pulling up for my first DNF in October I want to get back into the 1.40's for the HM. My first is Bath in early March and I am aiming to get below 2hr, which is a bit of a depressing target, but realistic.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I've just realised what mine should be: set myself a good marker for marathon as I enter the M60 classification. The first chance will be Edinburgh marathon in May. ATM it's looking like somewhere in the 3:25 to 3:35 range, assuming training goes OK and injury clears up.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
1) get to the end of the year with a pulse
2) get to the end of the year with no hospital visits
3) get to the start of the Glasgow to Edinburgh ultra having done some training
4) get to the start of the Glasgow to Edinburgh ultra without injury
5) get to the finish of the Glasgow to Edinburgh ultra faster than I did last year
6) recover fully from that and enjoy running in the rest of the year
7) maybe a decent time in a marathon later in the year

·
Registered
5 Posts
What are your goals this year? Do you have a big target race or distance you want to comcentrate on? Tell us everything.

I have a trail HM in June, if i can get some decent training going i may steonit up to the full. Pretty unlikely though.

I would like to do a bit more fell running. Other than that just keep going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
to actually run this year!

I started again last year after serious injury and my mind getting in the way of starting running. But then an operation stopped play and only just been given the all clear to start again... My original goal was the Chichester 1/2 this year, but I#m not sure that is so achievable now but I am going to have a go at getting fit enough at least!

·
Registered
811 Posts
to actually run this year!

I started again last year after serious injury and my mind getting in the way of starting running. But then an operation stopped play and only just been given the all clear to start again... My original goal was the Chichester 1/2 this year, but I#m not sure that is so achievable now but I am going to have a go at getting fit enough at least!
Small world, I'm doing Chichester 10K next week.

Chi half is not until October so I think that's achievable even starting from scratch as long as you're physically capable of running and don't try and do too much too quickly.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
good luck - I really liked the Chi 10k - it's a nice course and a practical 'prize' - I assume they are still giving out mugs? I use mine all the time! :lol:

I ran in the 1st Chi when they restarted it after only 10 months running so I am hoping I can do it again. Again - it's a really nice course - up the trundle and go for it down the lovely slippery clay/chalk hill! good fun!

·
Registered
811 Posts
good luck - I really liked the Chi 10k - it's a nice course and a practical 'prize' - I assume they are still giving out mugs? I use mine all the time! :lol:

I ran in the 1st Chi when they restarted it after only 10 months running so I am hoping I can do it again. Again - it's a really nice course - up the trundle and go for it down the lovely slippery clay/chalk hill! good fun!
It's a new course this year and they have medals this time! The route ends with a lap of Goodwood, which will be fun. It's nice that there's a medal now, but I kinda want a mug too.

The Chi half route does look fun, but it clashes with cross country so I sadly I can't do it. There's so many nice races around here, I wish I could do them all :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm running Manchester & Exeter marathons I'll be aiming for 3:10-3:15,if I don't archive that I'll be running Barnstaple in September as I've got a score to settle with the marathon distance after crashing last year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was planning to do 22 min 5 kms last year, but after 6 weeks was able to it in 21:10 some 3 weeks before I planned, so for 2017 nearby target would be to do 5km within 20 mins, and an aggressive one would be 18 mins for 5 Kms

·
Registered
47 Posts
Going to attempt my first marathon in May!

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
So... with the end of the year in sight, how has everyone got on with their 2017 goals?

Primary goal for the start of the year is sub-3 at Brighton. After that, I'm concentrating on shorter stuff - I'd like to PB at 5K, 10K and HM, ideally sub-18, sub-38 and sub-85 but we'll see... :)
I had a very good year. My experiment with upping my mileage again paid dividends, and I nailed my primary goal of sub-3 at Brighton, running 2:57 despite the warm conditions. I had a bit of a poor summer where I struggled to regain my form after Brighton, but hit my stride again in September and really surprised myself with the times I ran at 5K, 10K, 10M and HM. The year has ended in a bit of a whimper after my 10K was cancelled, but I'm feeling eager to get going again with marathon training.

I'll start a 2018 goals thread shortly...

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Any PB will do , I haven't had one for 2.5 years !
Well i did it , i improved my 5k PB twice , eventually getting it to 18:37 which is just and i mean only just faster than my goal of a 6 min mile average also 8 days ago got my 10k PB to 39:38 so a good year for me ending on a great time .

21 - 40 of 45 Posts