1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
A lot of hope:

Women's Heptathalon
Womens 400 individual and relay
Men's triple jump

I think they are the only realistic hopes. I don't think Paula Radcliffe will come close to a medal in the marathon.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I thought Paula had pulled out of Beijing?

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Unless she has in the last few hours, the BBC are saying she is going and how remarkable it is that she feels she can be competitive.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
oh right, I thought I had heard she had pulled out due to a foot problem, cool hope she brings home the bacon :d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
it's the year of the pig isn't it :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
If Radcliffe runs, she'll be in the medals, and probably gold. In my opinion it's no co-incidence that's she won every marathon she's finished. She wouldn't start if she didn't think she had a gold in her.

Sotherton's javelin is very weak though I'll remain hopeful... mmmmm, Sotherton :love:

Short of something going very wrong, Idowu should bring home a gold. I'd be VERY surprised if we didn't bring home some golds in the cycling. I'm sure we'll sneak some medals in other olympic sports that I don't really know I great deal about, lol. I'm sure I've missed out some of our other medal hopefuls :s

I'd be interested to see a medal table based on population... i.e. medals per capita :lol: You just can;t compare somewhere as massive as the USA to likes of a piddly island like the UK

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I think Kelly's in with a great shout.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Mara Yamauchi gets on in the marathon, as she is based in Tokyo and the weather conditions are similar to beijing.

I know she's not British but I like watching Yelena Isinbayeva in the pole vault.;)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Seconded :love::d

1 - 15 of 15 Posts