Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister and I ran the Great North Run last year in 2.5 hours and were v proud as we had never done a long distance event before. Anyway we are keen to do something else and were hoping you guys might have some suggestions for what we could tackle next. We think half marathons are the max distance we could run realisically, so we are looking for a simliar race with a different challenge or maybe a triathlon - any suggestions? We ran for charity BTW and am keen to do that again too.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Things you could try next....

Well it has to be worth doing another half marathon - the second one is much easier than the first (probably)

Then there's the bigger marathon challenge? It's worth entering the London Marathon ballot every year as it'll take a few years to get in.

Triathlon is definitely worth considering - probably better to start at the sprint distance but maybe set yourself the target of a longer race - Olympic, Middle or Ironman?

And then there's other events like Adventure Races - problem solving, trail running, kayaking, mountain biking, etc.

There's heaps of fun things to do :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
You could take a look at the Kingston Running Festival (http://www.humanrace.co.uk/festival/index.html) It's 16 miles, so a few miles over a half marathon, but still achievable.

That's my next race - I might do some more between now and October though - depends on the weather. After running the Bupa 10k in THAT heat i don't fancy doing any more while it's hot!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts