Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys,

When you're looking for a new running shoe, what are the things you are looking for? Support? Reputation? Fit? Look? Be interested to know!

Cheers all!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
It's got to be the right type of shoe for your foot/gait. So for me looks/name and price are irrelevant.

·
Registered
8 Posts
cushioning for me, definately...

i bought an asics one and took it back to the shop cos after 2 kms my feet hurt like hell, i got a different one, new balance, its amazing, doesnt even feel like running, more like jumping:d

(I used to have adidas and nike too, but so far the new balance is highly the best - and the most expensive too...)

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Stability/control and if they look slightly girlie its a bonus.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Neutral and cushioning and like Steady if they can look real pretty that is a bonus :d

I am currently using Nike Max Moto III and Asics Gel Cumulus VIII and get on with them great :)

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Lightweight comfort and stability with overall cushioning and flexibility, but without all the added cushioning in the heel - making them into what Pirie called an 'orthopaedic boot'.
My usual training shoes - New Balance RX Terrains - have virtually no cushioning at all but are only worn for running on the fells, fields and riverbanks - which is where most of my training is done. Except when racing I avoid tarmac like the plague!
For trail racing and mixed terrain training I wear New Balance 781's that have just the right amount of cushioning to protect my feet from uneven rough or stony ground. I'll probably wear the latter for my next 10K road race too.
Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts