Runners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I refuse to give up running in the winter, and my arms get completeley frozen....

I also have a chest cough and will not go because ime out in the cold air when i go for a 5 mile jog...

should i be wearing something more appropiate than shorts and t-shirt?

ime worried ill come down with hormonia or somet... :(

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Get some long-sleeved running tops & trackie bottoms. And / or some gloves and a hat. I have a fluorescent yellow running coat, which is really thin, but actually keeps a lot more warmth in, and stops me getting run over so much :rolleyes:

Make sure you don't feel freezng cold; I know it sounds obvious :p You will warm up during your run, but you need to be comfortable

·
Registered
123 Posts
I always used to get cold hands despite wearing gloves then someone suggested wearing the silk gloves that skiers wear inside their ski gloves. They look like they are made out of the same material as stockings but work a treat when worn inside running gloves. Even when running in sub-zero temperatures I have toasty warm hands.

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Down to windless -5ºC gloves are enough for me.
With short sleeves I feel cold for 10 minutes but then it's ok.

Below that or when it's windy, long sleeves, even a windbreaker, gloves (thin) and a band that will cover my ears.

My PB is 14 items :p

Two pairs of socks, underwear, lycra shorts, lycra trousers, T-shirt, long-sleeved T-shirt, sweat-shirt, windproof, head-band, hat, face-protection, two pairs of gloves.
But then, it was 11 o'clock at night, in Northeast poland, with (windless) -16ºC in January :d

I ran for 50 minutes and hardly sweated :eek:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
You lived in NE Poland? Tri-cities? I'm heading there myself! :eek: Looking forward to running along that long, long flat beach, hoping it warms up by February :confused:

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I went for a fabulous run on Sunday morning in the frost. It was along the country lanes around Anglezarke I was wearing running tights, running forum t-shirt, long sleeved shirt, wind lite jacket, socks, gloves, fleecy ski band to cover my ears and my running shoes. I was nice and warm it was really slippy in places I slid back down on really steep hill. Still it was really pretty and I ended up running/walking 9 miles instead of 6 miles. It really lifted my spirits

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Katten said:
You lived in NE Poland? Tri-cities? I'm heading there myself! :eek: Looking forward to running along that long, long flat beach, hoping it warms up by February :confused:
Hi Katten :)
I lived about 40 miles East of Tri-Cities, near the Russian border.
The temperature is usually not as extreme up there by the sea but the wind chill factor can be quite a b***ard by the Baltic.

If you have sunglasses or something like that, take them with you if you are going to run on the beach because having sand/snow blown into your eyes at 60mph is not that fun.

I will be in Poland in January. When exactly are you going to get there? Because I will be in Tri-Cities myslef, visint friend in Gdansk!

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
You're staying for 8 months???

I will definitely have to visit you and we'll go for a run :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts