Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Im back from my holiday in Tiree and had a great time, kitesurfing and then running when the wind dropped off.

The day I arrived it was a lovely day so I thought I would go for my 2 hour run which was part of my training program for the Edinburgh Marathon, got the map out and worked out that if I went round a route I would manage about 13 miles. So, off I went. Running along beaches with seals in the water watching me, it was amazing.

So, running along after two hours I was still a long way from the house we were staying in, I called the good lady and told her not to worry but I wouldnt be home for another hour!! In the end I covered 17miles in 3 hours....I was tired but so glad I did it. I didnt run it all but managed the 13.1 miles without to many problems which I was really pleased about. The next day I felt great as well, no aches or pains!

Had anyone else gone for a long run and then found they had miscalculated it and ended up running much further? :)

O.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Oh yes...and it was SWMBO's fault!!!!!

She planned a route using the OS map which was fine until we took a wrong turn somewhere so the 3 hour run became a 3 hour run plus a another hour's walk home.....via the ice cream parlour!!

·
Administrator
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The stupid thing was I went out and after an hour I thought I would take a shortcut but then thought I would regret it as I would be cheating, now when I think about it, the shortcut probably would have been my 2 hour run rather than the long way round which was 3 hours :)

O.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I plan my routes on a website called mapmyrun.com. it's really handy because it tells you exactly where all the mile markers are.

Haven't made a mistake on my runs.....yet!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts