Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there peeps.

It's been quite a while since I posted on here, looking for beginners advice.

Well, I got gait analysis at SportsShoes in Bradford, got some NB shoes (can't remember the numbers!), and have never had a peep from my knees since! Thanks all!!

Anyway, I found myself in front of my PC booking my place in the Leeds Abbey Dash. I'd pressed the button before I knew what I was doing! Anyway, I trained for it, and completed it in an hour and six minutes.
Not crazily good, but for a guy who could barely tie his laces when he started, I was chuffed! A nice by-product to the training is the four stone I lost too!

Anyway, I've just gone and done it again. The debit card was out, the Paris Half-Marathon site was up on the screen, then it all went blurry and I've got an entry confirmation!

oops.

Better get some training done!

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
trick202 said:
Anyway, I've just gone and done it again. The debit card was out, the Paris Half-Marathon site was up on the screen, then it all went blurry and I've got an entry confirmation!

oops.

Better get some training done!
You better start running trick202 :d
You're in for a big jump in your "running career"!
Let us know how training goes :)

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Well done Trick, i only started running since October properly and have competed in quite a few races, one i did on new years eve.

I have done a ten mile race in december. now i have to work my way up to the half.

I am set for a 20k run in Feb and a Half in March.

So keep up the good work.

My in Laws live in Holland so i may enter the Amsterdam Half or Eindhoven.

Just keeping an eye on the websites at the moment.

:)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Yeah, I think it's really cool that you're doing a race in another country too! Whenever I visit my friends in different parts of the UK I like going out on runs around about the place, and one day if I ever get the time I'd love to go on holiday somewhere and go for a run! Berlin is a distinct possibility this summer! WOO! Good luck for everything :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
When I went to Kos last year on holiday I used to get up at 6oClock and go for a run into Kos town and back before the sun came up. It was truly beautiful. The only bad point was running the gauntlet of the drunken brits falling out of the clubs at the same time. I'd get some pretty bemused looks and the the odd word shouted in my direction but I had my i-pod on so I couldn't hear the what they were saying anyway:d

1 - 6 of 6 Posts