Runners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello im 20 in the uk military and i seem to have picked up an injury from a loaded march i was doing and now causes severe pain under my knee cap every time i run and/or climb up and down stairs or hills ect. Sometimes my knee becomes so stiff i cant bend or open my leg.

I have been to a physiotherapist and he diagnosed it as a trapped nerve in my lower back. But with all the coronavirus happening i cannot get another appointment.

it doesn’t fell like a nerve problem but more like a muscle problem. What do you guys think it could be? And how should i treat it?

·
Registered
772 Posts
It will be impossible to diagnose this better than a medic could do with tests and a personal interview. So I would persist in trying to get an appointment even if it is 4 to 6 weeks away, or more. In the meantime I would look up RICE: rest, ice, compresssion and elevation, which won't be wrong and will help many of the common causes we see here. If this hasn't helped in 2 to 4 weeks then you maybe have something more than a sprain and you will need that appointment for proper diagnosis and treatment, all IMO as a runner not a medic. See e.g. Sprained Knee Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts