Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Decided it is time I got a new running watch. The Forerunner 230/235 looked interesting BUT I don't particularly need/want all the smartwatch features that come with them.

Has anybody got a particularly good running watch with all the features but without the email/apps/notifications of texts and calls nonsense? I currently have a Forerunner 110 but for the last year it has been held together with a paper clip after the strap came off and I don't mind paying a bit more for a decent upgrade. Quite happy to switch to another brand if necessary.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, thanks for that Mystic Fulmar:d

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Ive got a forerunner 305 at the mo and have had it for 4 years now. Its a bit old hat, bit bulky, black and white screen. But it does the job I want. Very robust also. It pairs with a HR chest strap that seems pretty good once it has settled for a few mins. Its a good 2nd hand choice but there may be a few better choices if you want new and are not on my limited budget. CAC

·
Registered
811 Posts
I've been using a Forerunner 235 for over a year now and I like it. It is trivial to turn off the "smart" stuff, which is frankly not that smart to begin with. It's a purely running watch that panders to people who might want notifications. It's nothing even remotely like an Apple watch for e.g.

I second the suggestion of reading DC Rainmaker's reviews. They cover everything you could want to know.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone, after reading reviews it looks like the 235 it is!

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Another very happy user of the 235. The wrist based HR sensor is a bit random but it's ok, if HR nonsense is not your thing just get the 230 even cheaper an comfier on the wrist as it has no sensor bump.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers all, just done my first run with the 235, liking it so far :tup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts