Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 16190 Posts

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe it's interesting to see which goals people set before they head out for training/racing and seeing if they accomplished them or not and the reasons.
There may be something to learn from it and also there's the expectation :)

Ah! And I read somewhere that we are more prone to achieving our goals if we share them with others as that will put some (it should be positive!) pressure on us to perform well and maybe will allow us to push just that little bit more.

So, I am starting: I want to lower my best time on the route I am running today. I ran it twice. First time in 1h36'45'' (49'20'' out + 47'25'' back) and then in 1h32'59'' (47'53'' out + 45'06'' back).
Aiming for 46'30''/47'00'' out and 43'30''/44'30'' back today.

Here I go :)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
To complete a slow run without making my injury worse. Had to turn back and now I'm taking 2 weeks off and trying to get hold of a physio :(

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Gareth, I'm feeling your pain mate.
My goal for this weekend is to try and not go stir crazy while being laid up injured and reading how many miles everyone else are doing :nuts:

·
Registered
871 Posts
My goal was to run 10 miles in 79 minutes comfortably. I did it but once I'd finished felt a slight niggle in one knee (due to a combination of my job, over stretching 2 days ago, and the old running shoes I'm about to replace), applying ice and resting the rest of today plus having 2 days before my next run should do the trick.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
dohhh... had to cut my run short a little, wanted to get back for the footy and a few niggles were becoming apparent after 10mi... got home and the OH was settled down nicely watching 'Smallville'... meaning no footy for me :( Who knows, maybe I'll catch the last 20mins :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
to not eat any chocolates and sweets being offered by the mother-in-law! No running today. 12 miler off road tomorrow, aiming to do around my best time for that, 1:42 ish, which given the ground being much more muddy will be an achievement.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
My goal is always to be thoroughly out of breath and covered in perspiration after a workout. It's my way of pushing myself that bit more, be it running or lifting weights, resulting in covering the same distance in less time, or lifting a little bit more weight.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
My goal is always to be thoroughly out of breath and covered in perspiration after a workout. It's my way of pushing myself that bit more, be it running or lifting weights, resulting in covering the same distance in less time, or lifting a little bit more weight.
That's a rubbish goal, I can be in that state after 1\2 mile :lol:

Mine is to be in bed before I am so drunk I fall asleep on the sofa...

... or is that the other way round :d

·
Registered
944 Posts
That's a rubbish goal, I can be in that state after 1\2 mile :lol:

Mine is to be in bed before I am so drunk I fall asleep on the sofa...

... or is that the other way round :d
GOOD MAN...........:d :d

ozone.

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Made it! :d
First half in 45'52'' and second in 41'53'' - New course PB :d 1h27'45'' and feeling good.
Working very well in the second half despite feeling that I had gone a bit too fast in the first miles.

Good one :)

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Want to try and run my furthest to date.. 7 miles. Bright sunshine at the mo so should be a nice run...

The Goal? Make the distance and in under an hour!

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wanted to do a strong Fartlek but I was still tired from yesterday's fast long run. Still managed some decent speed.
Happy :)

1 - 20 of 16190 Posts