Runners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 16190 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
My goal was to get out there and do a 3 mile run, i only did 2.8 miles i decided not to push it that last bit further due to my knee and back. Oh well least i did something i guess. Was meant to be starting a training plan today that i printed off, today it said run for 30 mins, i only ran for 25 min and 53 secs whoops.

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Laura 1 - 0 Sofa :d WELL DONE

And well done to me too hehehe. I beat my best time on this route by 2'22''!!!! and that after having run in the morning!
Great day :)

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
My goal for today is to drop off my outfit from the 10k and then just do a slow run about 3 miles to try and shake off the slightly heavy legs from the 10k and also to start breaking in my new addidas response trainers.

We shall see what hapens.

Darren

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
My goal for today is to start counting down the hours until i can run again, hopefully will be back by Thursday this week and if my knee holds up ok then will be doing my race on Sunday.

2 more sleeps until i can run again! :d

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Laura 1 - 0 Sofa :d WELL DONE

And well done to me too hehehe. I beat my best time on this route by 2'22''!!!! and that after having run in the morning!
Great day :)

:lol: Yeah it tried every trick in the book too.

Sofa's as a breed play dirty.. Looking all cosy... that remote control..the key to the world of mind numbing randomness perched nonchalantly on its arm rest.. the lighting low and warm, I got out of there before it could give me the puppy dog eyes!

2:22!?!? :nuts: Mental. Big Fat Congrats.. now that's gotta feel goooooood!

My goal was to get out there and do a 3 mile run, i only did 2.8 miles i decided not to push it that last bit further due to my knee and back. Oh well least i did something i guess. Was meant to be starting a training plan today that i printed off, today it said run for 30 mins, i only ran for 25 min and 53 secs whoops.
Nice work V. Cracking distance and not short of 3miles you planned at all.. You did the right thing to not do too much to aggravate your back/knee..! ;)

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Well i didn't kill anyone, and did my session, god I felt great afterwards like the weight of the world had been lifted off my shoulders.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
My goal for the nearly the past month has just been to get my ass outside for a run and today I did it! I've been too tired to run for ages, a combination of my interesting condition and having far too much work on at the mo. Anyway, did 2.9 miles this morning and it was fab! Was far less crap than you'd expect for 18 weeks pregnant and not having run at all for 4 weeks, so I'm hoping this will spur me on to be a bit less of a shirker- for a while more, at least.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Well i didn't kill anyone, and did my session, god I felt great afterwards like the weight of the world had been lifted off my shoulders.
Great Stuff Stu.. a Prison Sentence would have seriously hindered your training! :p

My goal for the nearly the past month has just been to get my ass outside for a run and today I did it! I've been too tired to run for ages, a combination of my interesting condition and having far too much work on at the mo. Anyway, did 2.9 miles this morning and it was fab! Was far less crap than you'd expect for 18 weeks pregnant and not having run at all for 4 weeks, so I'm hoping this will spur me on to be a bit less of a shirker- for a while more, at least.
Dunno about you Ali but i always find if i have not been in a while for one reason or another the harder it is to get out there then after the first run I'm pumped to get out there again.. its a funny game this running lark..

Hope everything is going well with the pregnancy.. such an exciting time :amused:

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Dunno about you Ali but i always find if i have not been in a while for one reason or another the harder it is to get out there then after the first run I'm pumped to get out there again.. its a funny game this running lark..

Hope everything is going well with the pregnancy.. such an exciting time :amused:
Thanks, Lisa! You're so right, just lately I've been scared I'll get back out there and be so rubbish I'll have no choice but to give up even the pretence of carrying on running! :p

Yes thanks, it's all going well (apart from the chronic tiredness and if one more person tells me that doesn't stop until the baby grows up and leaves home, I think I'll cry!!). Got a fine bump coming! :d In fact I am more Bumpy than Steve's headgear. :cool:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hey, really struggling to get motivated for my lunchtime run today :(

The early mornings, long commute and my long run on Sunday are tell me to give it a miss today.

I need a kick up the arse ;-)

MadHatter

·
Registered
4,978 Posts

The early mornings, long commute and my long run on Sunday are tell me to give it a miss today.

MadHatter
Prepare to be booted.

*puts size 8 shoes on*

Kicks Madhatter up the arse.

Get out there and enjoy it. :)

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Thanks, Lisa! You're so right, just lately I've been scared I'll get back out there and be so rubbish I'll have no choice but to give up even the pretence of carrying on running! :p

Yes thanks, it's all going well (apart from the chronic tiredness and if one more person tells me that doesn't stop until the baby grows up and leaves home, I think I'll cry!!). Got a fine bump coming! :d In fact I am more Bumpy than Steve's headgear. :cool:
Oh God i get that too!! I'm competitive with myself and a little scared of failing.. BAD mix when you have been out of it for a few weeks.

But I bet you surprised yourself?!

Bless you! I don't know how you do it.. i wouldn't beat yourself up over not getting out there when you have a baby growing inside you and you're fighting tiredness on a daily basis.

You work that bump girlfriend! :amused:

·
Registered
3,933 Posts

MadHatter
but.jpg

DO IT!! After those stressful mornings doing what you HAVE to do, use this time to do what you WANT to do..

·
Registered
478 Posts
OUCH - that hurt ;-)

PS

It worked, I'll be going for my lunchtime run.

41 - 60 of 16190 Posts