Runners Forum banner

16141 - 16160 of 16190 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
A whaty whaty?!
I would post a pic but its just a chicken house and large run made out of wood, chicken wire and zip ties! My speckled sussex hens and 4 turkey poults (not long now!) were in 2 seperate pens so I've just made a massive pen for them to overnight in. They free range during the day though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would post a pic but its just a chicken house and large run made out of wood, chicken wire and zip ties! My speckled sussex hens and 4 turkey poults (not long now!) were in 2 seperate pens so I've just made a massive pen for them to overnight in. They free range during the day though.
Ahh, sounds nice for them!

·
Registered
526 Posts
My goal today was 9 miles but i Just done 13 miles in 1 hour 46
Really enjoyed it today , no aches or pains , was gutted that i had to stop to get my son from nursery lol

·
Registered
340 Posts
I aim to do a gentle run tomorrow morning, hopefully at least 9.8 miles (includes laps of park + journey there and back) perhaps 11.8 (if I do an extra lap).

·
Registered
340 Posts
I aim to do a gentle run tomorrow morning, hopefully at least 9.8 miles (includes laps of park + journey there and back) perhaps 11.8 (if I do an extra lap).
Didn't manage to run as far as planned because I got up too late and so cut my run short (had to be back in time to go somewhere), did 7.8 miles though.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Wanted to get a PB for 5KM today for this calender year.
It stood at 28.22 which I got at parkrun exactly one month ago. So today I set the treadmill to 5.36 minute KM and off I went..... I still had a bit in me the last KM so I whacked it up a bit and ended up doing a 5 minute dead KM, which is actually my KM PB, so to do that on the last Km was pleasing.

The time was 27.17 which not only smashed last months PB, it is only 35 seconds from my all time PB! The annoying thing is I probably had it in me to beat that as I felt good when I finished and could quite easily have carried on with my run.
I haven't ran that fast since I did a 27.12 the week before the London marathon in 2012.... So I can safely say I am back where I want to be after a lengthy break which lasted from probably this time last year until June this year! Now I need to work on my 10KM times!

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Park the car at Minley Wood then run across this woodland, including a crossing of the B3013, to access Yateley Heath.. Once in Yateley heath make my way over to the little patch of forest used for the recent motorbike enduros special test, its a twisty little 2.7 mile loop that`ll be quite muddy by now.. Aim to run this loop at a decent pace then use the return journey as a warm down/recovery...

Total mileage should be around 7`ish.. :)

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Scarborough Urban for me - very tricky course through Peasholm Park, a couple of cemeteries, a 'secret garden', an island, some very steep banks - Very enjoyable even if I did make a couple of daft route choices

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
My goal today was to finish first in my league in our final club Grand Prix race of the season. I started the day in 4th position in the league, but with a race in hand.

Finished first, more than 4 minutes ahead of my nearest rival therefore finished the season in 2nd place in my league. I will get a trophy, which is quite nice :)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
My goal today was to finish first in my league in our final club Grand Prix race of the season. I started the day in 4th position in the league, but with a race in hand.

Finished first, more than 4 minutes ahead of my nearest rival therefore finished the season in 2nd place in my league. I will get a trophy, which is quite nice :)
Well done, nice one and nice shiny trophy too :tup:

·
Registered
1,795 Posts

well done, hope those Jedburgh points helped too.well done. :tup:( I got a trophy last night too but was equall on points so I have to share it. but I have got it first cause the other guy got so drunk at the presentation that he wondered off!:lol:)

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Yeah, I picked up first place at Jedburgh too, even though I had a rubbish race. Everyone else had a rubbish race too. So for my six counting scores in the Grand Prix I've had 3 first places, 2 seconds and a third. Finished on 44 points out of a possible maximum 48. Finished two points behind the winner of my league (who had 5 first places and a third).

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Yeah, I picked up first place at Jedburgh too, even though I had a rubbish race. Everyone else had a rubbish race too. So for my six counting scores in the Grand Prix I've had 3 first places, 2 seconds and a third. Finished on 44 points out of a possible maximum 48. Finished two points behind the winner of my league (who had 5 first places and a third).
:tup::tup::tup:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Goal for today: Lift weights and then attempt 3 miles.

I don't tend to do anything after lifting due to jelly legs but need to switch up my schedule so need to know if it's possible!

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
My goals are 5KM every time and 4-5 times per week。
Sounds a bit repetitive... :(

Goal for this evenings a run across crowthorne wood - swinley forest and bagshot common to the big transmitter mast with a make it up as I go along return journey....

16141 - 16160 of 16190 Posts