Runners Forum banner

16161 - 16180 of 16190 Posts

·
4,174 Posts
I had a quite hectic day at work today, with a lot of running around, which I could have done without.
I decided to run a little harder than usual tonight, to get rid of the tension.
So the idea was 5 miles with each mile getting progressively quicker.
Done 5 miles in 38:20
Mile 1. 7:53
Mile 2. 7:45
Mile 3. 7:40
Mile 4. 7:28
Mile 5. 7:18

·
4,174 Posts
Last run of 2013 today. Another 5 mile progression run. The first and second miles seemed very easy mile 3 is the one with most uphill in it so I was pleased with my time for that stretch, mile 4 is mainly downhill but I overcooked it and left myself with a lot to do in the last mile, however I managed to beat the target by 1 second.:tup:

At least I finished 2013 on a positive note and I am looking forward to a good year in 2014.:cool:
Mile 1. 7:48
Mile 2. 7:46
Mile 3. 7:32
Mile 4. 7:07
Mile 5. 7:06

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Last run of 2013 today. Another 5 mile progression run. The first and second miles seemed very easy mile 3 is the one with most uphill in it so I was pleased with my time for that stretch, mile 4 is mainly downhill but I overcooked it and left myself with a lot to do in the last mile, however I managed to beat the target by 1 second.:tup:

At least I finished 2013 on a positive note and I am looking forward to a good year in 2014.:cool:
Mile 1. 7:48
Mile 2. 7:46
Mile 3. 7:32
Mile 4. 7:07
Mile 5. 7:06
Nice splits, It does get a bit awkward though if you overcook one :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
My goal was to go for a walk. (injured). But, I found some nice trails to run when I'm back at it. And my new boots were a treat, so much so that they had enough ankle supprt that i could have a little trot now and then without too much pain. Bonus.

Happy new year everyone.

Oh tonights goal is to try and dance on my ankle. Tubigrip hoooo.

·
4,174 Posts
Today's goal was to pull in 2 runs for the first day of the Jantastic challenge.

Run 1 was before lunch. 3.1 miles at 7:40min/mile pace.

Run 2 was a 5 mile progression run.
mile 1. 8:19
mile 2. 8:02
mile 3. 7:56
mile 4. 7:41
mile 5. 7:20.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
No running yet this year.... infact nothing for just over two weeks. I guess you could say the moment I cancelled my gym membership the heavens opened and I haven't fancied running in the rain and wind. Been doing plenty of overtime as well for my forthcoming wedding and I wont even get started on the wedding planning.... But if it helps anyone, don't get married in another Country other than your own if you dont want paperwork coming out your ears!

I'm hoping to run again by Thursday!

·
4,174 Posts
Today's goal was an easy 5 miles, but a combination of terrible weather and time constraints meant I had to resort to the DREADMILL. 5.1 miles at an easy pace around 9 min/mile. Jantastic run number 4 logged :tup:

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Hoping for a miracle and my knee is suddenly perfect so i can run !

·
Registered
914 Posts
I have a habit of updating this after I've run! :rolleyes: My goal for today was 6-8 miles on a completely new route to shake things up a bit. I was looking forward to it and set off feeling strong and happy and a bit too fast. Gradually got more and more tired so stopped at 5 miles with 2 short walking breaks. Usually I would be beating myself up about the breaks but the main thing is I went out and did 5 miles in a reasonable time for me but even more so, I ENJOYED THE RUN. :d Can't emphasise that enough as the last few weeks have been dire for me so it was nice to finally a) look forward to running and b) enjoy it while I was doing it. Thought about having another break then doing another mile or two but it would have ruined it for me as I was already getting aches and pains and today's goal was just to try and fall back in love with running, not to break any records. :love: Next week I am finding another new route and am already looking forward to trying to do 6 with no breaks.

Ade, I hope you get your miracle - fingers crossed for you! :tup:

16161 - 16180 of 16190 Posts