Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he problem with forums is the need for everyone to have a unique username. This leads to some very inventive username, but I for one have no reason to hide my real identity. If you are comfortable with it feel free to "out" yourself.

My username is: Hrun. I have also recently been addressed as H which I find quite an honour as it implies familiarity (or lazy typing)

My real name is: Giles

I will happily answer to either.

Your turn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,493 Posts
I think we've had a similar thread to this in the past...

It was discovered that Steve's real name is Dave, and Dave's real name is Grant, whereas Grants real name is Steve!

However my real name is actually Trinity :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,059 Posts
Hrun said:
he problem with forums is the need for everyone to have a unique username. This leads to some very inventive username, but I for one have no reason to hide my real identity. If you are comfortable with it feel free to "out" yourself.

My username is: Hrun. I have also recently been addressed as H which I find quite an honour as it implies familiarity (or lazy typing)

My real name is: Giles

I will happily answer to either.

Your turn
Well why didn't you just use your real name as your user name? :huh:
Isn't the actual function of a user name to provide that degree of anonymity that many people feel the need to have?:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pedestrian said:
Well why didn't you just use your real name as your user name? :huh:
Isn't the actual function of a user name to provide that degree of anonymity that many people feel the need to have?:rolleyes:

My name is not so common and yet rarely available. How many Gary or Traceys could there be?

Hrun on the other hand is always available and I use it on all forums. If people wish anonymity then they can always ignore this thread and I respect that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,495 Posts
Trinity said:
I think we've had a similar thread to this in the past...

It was discovered that Steve's real name is Dave, and Dave's real name is Grant, whereas Grants real name is Steve!

However my real name is actually Trinity :rolleyes:


Very good Trin.........:d :d :d :d



.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,059 Posts
Hrun said:
My name is not so common and yet rarely available. How many Gary or Traceys could there be?

Hrun on the other hand is always available and I use it on all forums. If people wish anonymity then they can always ignore this thread and I respect that.
Giles, my post wasn't intended as a criticism.
Many people seem to incorporate their real name into their user name by adding numbers or letters either before or after the actual name... a method which allows actual identity to be maintained. :d
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,059 Posts
Trinity said:
I think we've had a similar thread to this in the past...

It was discovered that Steve's real name is Dave, and Dave's real name is Grant, whereas Grants real name is Steve!

However my real name is actually Trinity :rolleyes:
But I thought we'd already established your real name to be Bernard?! :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pedestrian said:
Giles, my post wasn't intended as a criticism.
Many people seem to incorporate their real name into their user name by adding numbers or letters either before or after the actual name... a method which allows actual identity to be maintained. :d
I think I have OCD as amongst other things a shudder at usernames which are a mix of name and random numbers. Worse is the email suggestion by providers. I would actually change provider than accept that type of email.

Come to think about it I worry myself sometimes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
pedestrian said:
But I thought we'd already established your real name to be Bernard?! :p
..and your's was Gloria if I remember correctly!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,073 Posts
Hello my real name is Pete, which is never available on forums. My username is japanese and is based on the name of the karate club I run:d
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
664 Posts
I have the same username across a number of forums, so easy to remember. No problems with knowing my real same which why I have as my signature on here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
Trinity said:
do you want to borrow my gun ;)
she wont need one, the soles of her new running shoes hide poisoned darts and if they fail she has quick release lace holes so that the laces can be used as a ligature. That'll keep me ahead of dimple!!:eek:


Besides, I'd heard that your gun isn't for real and also that your avatar isn't really you Trin.... or have I got it all wrong?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,493 Posts
scr8pe said:
she wont need one, the soles of her new running shoes hide poisoned darts and if they fail she has quick release lace holes so that the laces can be used as a ligature. That'll keep me ahead of dimple!!:eek:


Besides, I'd heard that your gun isn't for real and also that your avatar isn't really you Trin.... or have I got it all wrong?
Of course that's me :cool:


but you're right about the gun, I'm a pacifist :rolleyes:
 
1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Top