Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I was just wondering what injurys you can cause if the wrong type of footwear is warn (like the average trainer from a shoe shop)

are the injurys serous?

is there just damge to the foot?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Many and varied is the answer, not just the foot, google 'why are correct running trainers important' and have a look at some of the links from there.

I've suffered badly in the past from shinspints (extremely painful and stopped me running for a period of time), getting correctly fitted trainers for my feet and running style seemed to fix it.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Well here's a list for starters:
Tibial peristisis
Medial tibial stress syndrome
Plantar fasciasis
achillies tendonitisis
Paetello femoral pain
Illiotibial band syndrome
lower back pain

Apologies for the spelling mistakes

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
All depends on your running style... I'm certain that more people than we realise will just buy any running shoe and run without problems, others will suffer terribly unless they have the correct shoe.

When I started running I hust bought a shoe that was on offer and was 'recommended' by the guy at JJB. I was fine running in these shoes until I started to train more regularly and began to suffer with shin splints. Since then I've had my gait assessed and invested in shoes to correct my overpronation. I'll soon be looking to have my gait assessed again at a proper running pace (first time round I was assessed whilst jogging at about 9kmh - a pace which I would never run at on the roads now; and I'm sure one's gait changes slightly with pace)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts