Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To run, run faster, longer?

I have (don't laugh) alot of the Rocky soundtrack on my shuffle that helps me for some reason.

Just curious to get some ideas to download some other tracks for a change.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I only listen to music to keep my brain busy on long long runs, but obviously the faster tunes seem to have an effect on my running, and obviously if I get a bit bored I start plodding along rather than putting in the effort I should...

A favourite at the moment is the song Horizons by LTJ Bukem - it's like an ambient drum and bass song. Others that I enjoy listening to whilst running include The Killers - Hot Fuss album, Younger Brother - A Flock of Bleeps album, Massive Attack - Mezzanine and Chimaira -Ressurrection...

From what you've said though I kinda doubt any of those would be to your liking!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
BubblyDebz said:
To run, run faster, longer?

I have (don't laugh) alot of the Rocky soundtrack on my shuffle that helps me for some reason.

Just curious to get some ideas to download some other tracks for a change.

Do you have eye of the tiger <<<<sniggers>>>>>

:d

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Fire Starter by Priodigy is a good one, always makes you up the tempo a bit :p

Boogie wonderland does that too, but i end up trying to getting as high as them.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Lol, I don't know why Leece but I can imagine you running along whilst dancing and singing at the same time - perhaps even without realising! heheh!

I used to run with music on my long runs - but I tend to find it just intereferes with my pace! So many times a dancey upbeat track would come on, and my pace would pick up... the song would finish and I'd be thinking "bugger me, I'd better slow down!"

At times it could also make runs feel longer than they actually were... thinking "Am I STILL on this song? I've been running for ages!" Whereas nowadays I quite often just go onto autopilot and come back to reality without being able to remember virtually any of the last 3 miles... :embarrassed:

·
Registered
707 Posts
I used to do that... and the fact that I would have crossed quite a few busy roads worried me somewhat... I'm not unknown for almost getting ran over even when I am paying attention!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
Lol, I don't know why Leece but I can imagine you running along whilst dancing and singing at the same time - perhaps even without realising! heheh!
That obvious ey, its supposed to help with your breathing too you know, singing and running at same time ;)

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I also agree it can make the run feel longer listening to music a three minute song can last an eternity if your bored with it.

Could you imagine having meatloaf on your MP3 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
A runner bean with an eye. ;)

Its a MP3 Steve made by Macintosh you know Apple ??

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Its a hifi that you can carry in your pocket steve :p

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
errrrrrrrrr of course :p

what song would you play ?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
elvis :p

Or cliff ;)

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
ooohhh did not know about that tour steve, why dont you do the vegas marathon they do a elvis tribute run with thousands of elvises.

Can just see you in your elvis suit doing the top lip thing lol

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Not sure about the singing and top lip thing but would do race dressed up as EAP!

Well I have something to bore you with on training run then...........................

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Think its in December Steve the Las Vegas Marathon or half.

As long as you speak like elvis whilst telling story :p

1 - 20 of 43 Posts