Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I did have a gait test done, and I was recommended Nike Structure Triax XI. As well as correcting my over-pronation, they are pretty wide-fitting, which is good as I have very very wide feet.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
I'VE NEVER HAD AN OFFICAL GAIT TEST BUT HAVE FLAT FEET ...WET FEET ON FLOOR TEST.

I like Brooks beast but am currently using Asics by way of a change.

Ooop...caps lock on again!!!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I had a gait test done recently and tried on several different brands and in the end plumped for New Balance, only because they are similar to Nike which I had been used to running in.
:d

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I had a gait test, I overpronate and was recommend various shoes, eventually I went for the Asics Gel Kayano 12's... since then I've also bought Gel Kayano 13's. A more recent assessment has shown that the Kayano's are possibly a little too supportive for me, and when I next go to buy some more shoes, I'll get myself analysed again to be double sure :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks.

I did the wet feet test and my feet nad a big grap on the inside of each foot, if u see what I mean? so I took that as I over pronate like they suggested in the shop so thats why I bought the Asics shoe.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am hoping to get a gait test done this week to make sure i have the right shoes.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I had the gait analysis done - never knew there was such a thing until I came across this site. I heavily over-pronate too, as I discovered on the test. I was crippled with shin splints and did it as a last resort. The shop recommended Brooks Addiction 7. Three weeks later - fully recovered. I actually carried on training as my injuries healed. As it happens, I went back to that very shop last month and bought another pair in appreciation for the help they'd given me. Very much recommended.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
It's posts like yours rob that are really useful to read - whilst their can be criticism of modern trainers forcing your feet to move in a certain way, and with a lot of newcomers to the sport, gait analysis I'm sure is often percieved as something that's just not necessary. I think your post perfectly highlights what gait analysis and having the right shoes for your running style can really do!

I think in an ideal world, where we all had a perfect gait, there wouldn't be any need for structured, motion control, stability, cushioning blah blah blah... but in today's society you even reasonably argue that we've forgotten how to run naturally - that is, how to run as nature intended us, which I think stems from the fairly sedentary lifestyles.

Going off topic a little I know, but it'd be interesting (for a saddo like me at least) to see how many of those who have ran consistantly from a young age require anything other than a neutral trainer? It would appear that the vast majority of us have come into running following a long-term break (perhaps going back as far as schooldays). I guess my comments though are somewhat flawed if the statement that 'virtually all women overpronate' is true :(

... I'll get my coat :confused:

·
Registered
177 Posts
High i run in Nike air cesium, i had a gait test done and had a really bad over pronantion. I was having problems with running until i found these trainers. Everything fell into place with these trainer it meant i lost some cushioning but made up for that by using some Sorbothane insoles.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks,

I shall deffinatly get the gait test done this week, I really need to find out what is wrong, im sure its the shoes I have.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Me replying to this would be totally pointless...

But I've had a test done and run in Brooks adrenaline GTS 7s and 8s... Everytime I go to buy trainers now I go to a place with a treadmill so I can test them out. I got some asics gel 1200s or something like that, tested them out by jogging up and down the aisle of the shop for a bit - realised about 10 minutes in to my first run that they weren't going to work though!!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts