Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hi Nellie,

You lucky thing. Sorry no advice on places to go, I usually look up a few things on the net before I go anywhere, but have a great time anyway, enjoy yourself, is it a belated birthday trip for last week?

Lyn.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its my birthday today ha ha.... can't believe my hubby actually has booked this trip as a surprise pressie!!! he is not usually that thoughtful ha ha....my daughter studies History of Art at Queens University so she has given me HER itinerary!!! of all the things to see ie Pantheon Theatre, Trevi fountain, etc etc.......ha ha but I will look up the net thanks.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
So Nellie the Elephant is packing her trunk!!!

Many happy returns for today Nellie. 21 AGAIN?!

Not been to Rome so can give no advice re sights to see...just beware of Italian waiters!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
have you checked that there is not a big football derby going on at the same time as your visit ?? :asleep:

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Granty said:
have you checked that there is not a big football derby going on at the same time as your visit ?? :asleep:
The thinking of a top bloke Granty.

I doff my cap to you............:d

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Not the Rome derby. Roma v Lazio.

You`ve obviously got a good man there.

Unless there is another motive........;)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Why thankyou good Sir !!

I did once take the misus to manchester and she ran riot in the Arndale centre, I meanwhile met a few mates and took in the United / City derby at Old Trafford.

Best of both world - she was happy and it was a cracking game !!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Nellie said:
Thanks guys I never thought of that!!!! is there a football match on??????
You'll soon find out :p , I shall be most upset if there is not one and it is JUST a birthday treat ;) :d

·
Registered
231 Posts
Happy Birthday, Nellie!

I've been to Rome - it's a magical city, and people really do fall in love with it. It sounds a little twee, but don't miss the good old Colisseum (spelling?) and especially the whole Roman Forum (which is right next to the colisseum). It's a place to lose your heart in. Give it a good long afternoon's visit. Enjoy, what a fab birthday pressie.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts