Runners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that drying my shoes in a tumble dryer or on the radiator is baaad, but at what temp does it become bad?

i have one of these for drying/ airing my ski boots.

the manuf' says that the very end of the nozzel dosnt ever get above 45degrees and having used it i wouldnt class the air temp of the steam as more more than someone's breath

it also claims to aid to reduce the amount of nasties that grow in the shoes which should help with smells etc.

my question is do you think this will be ok to use?

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Yeah it'll be fine! otherwise owning shoes in particularly hot countries would ruin them! :lol:
That looks like a proper fancy bit of kit you've got there mate!

Oooh, btw, I have been known to dry trainers on teh radiator... and so long as the radiator isn't too hot to touch, it should be fine ;)

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it'll be fine! otherwise owning shoes in particularly hot countries would ruin them! :lol:
That looks like a proper fancy bit of kit you've got there mate!

Oooh, btw, I have been known to dry trainers on teh radiator... and so long as the radiator isn't too hot to touch, it should be fine ;)
i think it was only about £30.. and claims to be able to dry ski boots from sopping wet to dry in about 90mins

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i rekon 30mins ish would do the trick... 5mins last night was enough to polish them off following them being stuffed with kitchen roll.

looking at the weather i think tonight is gonna be another wet run.. so i should be able to give you a better response 2morrow :)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Have two pairs of trainers, that way you should always have a dry pair :d

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Using two pairs of shoes at the same time (not literally at the same time) will last as long as two pairs one after the other though Beasty. so it would still be an extra 30 quids.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Using two pairs of shoes at the same time (not literally at the same time) will last as long as two pairs one after the other though Beasty. so it would still be an extra 30 quids.
humpf... that sounds like female logic...
pay day here i come...

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
It's not as if you are on commission with these things! Some folk on here have a few pairs of trainers they use concurrently as opposed consecutively!

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Payday for me on Monday, I'm going to treat myself on Saturday to a second pair of trainers to help me through the winter months, and also (maybe) a pair of XC spikes!

Last night I went out with slightly damp trainers; running seemed to help dry them out a bit. :)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Female logic rules:lol:

I have also read that you should rest your trainers, so you shouldn't run in them 2 days consecutively.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I nearly always run in mine 2 days consecutively Twinks :$

Nearly forgot we get that lovely £60 tax refund this month... that should cover the cost of some new spikes :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts