Runners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wash all my clothing at 40 degrees but sometimes my tops still smell a bit wiffy. What temperature does everyone use? I'm sure it advises 40 degrees on my running tops but I don't think its hot enough.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
after taking them off.. how long do you leave them before washing?
i wash all my kit at 30, but i tend to do it straight away.

sweat only smells after bacteria has started to grow..so getting rid of it straight away should sort it

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhh that could be it then. I tend to collect all my sports stuff and then wash it all once a week. A lot of my stuff gets muddy so I try to keep it out of the rest of the families washing and wash it all together but it takes a week to get a machine full.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its amazing how many baby type products can be used by us runners. I already use ice-packs on my legs that were used to keep misses's breast milk cold :)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
40 for me...and the week's kit goes in together....nice it is!!

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I'm like you S... build up a pile of kit until I have a reasonable size load. I wash at 40degs (annoyingly my washer doesn't have a 30deg cycle!) and as long as there's enough detergent in there then things don't smell :)

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
I throw it in with my work stuff that smells even worse than my running gear and it gets washed at anything from 40-60. The only thing that sometimes need to be washed again are the sock I wear to work. All day in rigboots in sumer is not conducive to pleasant smelling socks.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I wash my lot at 40, probably twice a week on average.

I know you're not supposed to use fabric softener so I don't but I'm sure my kit would smell nicer if I did :rolleyes:

·
Registered
835 Posts
I put mine in the dirty clothes basket, they always seem OK to me!

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
I put mine in the dirty clothes basket, they always seem OK to me!
I like your style Scr8pe.

after taking them off.. how long do you leave them before washing?
i wash all my kit at 30, but i tend to do it straight away.

sweat only smells after bacteria has started to grow..so getting rid of it straight away should sort it
Beasty, haven't you got Sweaty trained yet??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts