Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Not gonna happen I'm afraid ... he's been training for 8 weeks?? and last week he managed a half marathon in 4hours 30mins? He'll never manage the Marathon... he even says himself he was suprised to finish the half marathon!

Now okay that may sound really harsh to put him down like - don't get me wrong I admire ANYONE who goes out there and runs, but I just don't think he deserves more publicity than someone who has been training exceptionally hard for the event and actually expects to finish! Surely anyone of any age could start FLM?

If he really is 101 - then I have to hand it to him for still being so incredibly active - I don't know anyone any near that age who can bounce around like he was in that video! He certainly doesn't look like your average 101 year old!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol no, I agree with you - I was most surprised by the whole stopping for a pint of bitter and smoking hahahaha... I can't believe with that attitude he's 101!! Someone is going to have to study his SNPs for the secret to longevity!

·
Registered
55 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
Not gonna happen I'm afraid ... he's been training for 8 weeks?? and last week he managed a half marathon in 4hours 30mins? He'll never manage the Marathon... he even says himself he was suprised to finish the half marathon!

Now okay that may sound really harsh to put him down like - don't get me wrong I admire ANYONE who goes out there and runs, but I just don't think he deserves more publicity than someone who has been training exceptionally hard for the event and actually expects to finish! Surely anyone of any age could start FLM?

If he really is 101 - then I have to hand it to him for still being so incredibly active - I don't know anyone any near that age who can bounce around like he was in that video! He certainly doesn't look like your average 101 year old!
Hey isn't it good that we can talk about AVERAGE 101 year olds. We're all living far too long. There'll soon be no space left to run in.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Not me!!

Drinking ale on route seems like the way to go to me though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts