Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've started doing more run commuting as way of training. My problem is that i dont tend to carry much when i run into work and the days i run im really hungry. When i cycle to work i take a huge bowl of cold porridge, fruit and seeds to eat but cant carry that when i run so i tend to just take a couple of slices of peanut butter on toast and an apple. That doesnt fill me up enough and i'm hungry half an hour later, has anyone got any good ideas please as i dont want to end up eating crap if at all possible.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
When I used to run to work I used to have the packet ainsley harriot cous cous quite often which you just have to soak in boiling water.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I've got Weetabix and oatcakes/penut butter in my drawer at work - can be stored long term at room temperature, which was my reasoning

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
I've started doing more run commuting as way of training. My problem is that i dont tend to carry much when i run into work and the days i run im really hungry. When i cycle to work i take a huge bowl of cold porridge, fruit and seeds to eat but cant carry that when i run so i tend to just take a couple of slices of peanut butter on toast and an apple. That doesnt fill me up enough and i'm hungry half an hour later, has anyone got any good ideas please as i dont want to end up eating crap if at all possible.
Can you carry more stuff on the days you don't run in, so you have stuff at work already that you can make up once you're there? If you like porridge, you could use Oats So Simple sachets, assuming you have access to a microwave and can keep fresh milk at work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts