Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's so many books, time schecles and trying to go by things from the internet? i dont know what to go by, or on here theres alot of things to ask it seems?

Iv been told not to mix cyling and running together because in the long run it doesnt help, because of moving the legs directions. so for the next month i was going to try cyling for a month and wait a few weeks then try running with some other things (exerising) till next year because i would like to try a half marathon, does that sound ok also?

thanks all

·
Registered
419 Posts
littlestarter said:
Iv been told not to mix cyling and running together
Sounds like codswollop to me.

I've always cycled and ran - used to cycle commute 30 miles a day and then run 4 times a week. Never thought it was a problem.

I'm tri training now and mixing in heaps of running, cycling and swimming.

Hope you enjoy your training!

H

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hollywood said:
Sounds like codswollop to me.

I've always cycled and ran - used to cycle commute 30 miles a day and then run 4 times a week. Never thought it was a problem.

I'm tri training now and mixing in heaps of running, cycling and swimming.

Hope you enjoy your training!

H
I agree with H. I would think it would start becoming difficult if you were doing hard running and hard cycling sessions too close to each other, so it might be worth only doing one or two hard sessions in either running or cycling weekly, with the others just being steady sessions.

I've spoken to a few people who have converted from just running to triathlons and they say the other 2 disciplines have actually made them faster runners if they are just doing a running race. They also say they are less susceptible to injury as a result of not pounding the streets all the time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just wondered,
littlestarter said:
There's so many books, time schecles and trying to go by things from the internet? i dont know what to go by, or on here theres alot of things to ask it seems?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts