Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
Joined
·
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One day I promise I'll start a new thread that's not rushed!

Anyway, for now I shall type away... I'm about to goto the club for my tuesday evening run, and it's started raining.

Normally I'm in one of two situations... either it's warm enough to run in the rain in a T-shirt, or it's cold so I wear my Helly Hansen long sleeve top and put my windproof top over the top of that (which is kinda showerproof).

This evening the rain looks particularly harsh, but if I wear my helly hansen and windproof top I know I'll be too warm.... What should I do? :confused:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,585 Posts
Some of the Gore N2S stuff should do the trick. If you are going to be running chances are you'll be warm enough you'll just get wet, a bit of water never killed anyone (well noone ever got seriuosly killed by water). If it is really windy though the windproof would come in handy to combat wind chill.

Squint
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,059 Posts
Squint said:
Some of the Gore N2S stuff should do the trick. If you are going to be running chances are you'll be warm enough you'll just get wet, a bit of water never killed anyone (well no one ever got seriuosly killed by water). If it is really windy though the windproof would come in handy to combat wind chill.

Squint
So is there a non-serious way to drown then?! :huh:
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well in the end I decided it'd just be easier to play God and stop the rain :rolleyes:

I don't tend to wear short sleeves/vet under it as I hate the feeling of it stickign to my skin when I start to sweat up :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
707 Posts
Lol... you stopped the rain eh? Niiice... you could do that more often - I'm hating this year so far for weather. I just want it to warm up so I can wear skirts, vests and flip flops!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
707 Posts
Bet you've never done the highly intelligent thing of going through a walk in woods and stuff in flip flops? Can't say that was my best moment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,059 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
Well in the end I decided it'd just be easier to play God and stop the rain :rolleyes:

I don't tend to wear short sleeves/vet under it as I hate the feeling of it stickign to my skin when I start to sweat up :(
I know what you mean, Mr S; I hate having to wear any member of the medical profession under my windproof top. :p ... You never know where they've been.:huh:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,585 Posts
pedestrian said:
I know what you mean, Mr S; I hate having to wear any member of the medical profession under my windproof top. :p ... You never know where they've been.:huh:
The vet on their own isn't to bad but when they bring the bloody porcupine with them!!

Squint

ANS you haven't been out in Aberden for a while have you? What you have described is standard apparell for half the female population on a Saturday night out.

Squint
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top