Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Does anyone know if the fountains 10k is still on?

I've sent my money twice, last time by recorded delivery (which has been received) and I've had nothing back from them.

The check hasn't been cashed so I'm wondering if it's been canceled. The race is scheduled for April 27th 2008.

It's the first race of the black sheep race series 2008 and is organised by:

Race Secretary, c/o Fountains C.E. School, Grantley, Ripon, North Yorks. HG4 3PJ

Any help is appreciated

Regards, Andy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes - no phone number but there's an email which the organiser ignores.

even tried ringing the school where it's held at - no answer there either.
(school hols maybe?)

It's really baffling - it's all over the web with 1 pdf application available to download.

Might have to look for another race at a similar time - I've trained with this one in mind, it's so..oo annoying.

Has anyone else had the same problem or succeeded to get any response. Has it been cancelled or what??

Regards, Andy

·
Registered
10 Posts
temple-lobe said:
Yes - no phone number but there's an email which the organiser ignores.

even tried ringing the school where it's held at - no answer there either.
(school hols maybe?)

It's really baffling - it's all over the web with 1 pdf application available to download.

Might have to look for another race at a similar time - I've trained with this one in mind, it's so..oo annoying.

Has anyone else had the same problem or succeeded to get any response. Has it been cancelled or what??

Regards, Andy
Heard anything yet temple?

I'm rather stunned that you've heard nothing because I'm aware that Ripon Runners advertise this run and they are typically so professional and exacting with all the runs they have a part in.

Asd far as I'm aware it went ahead because I'm sure I saw the results on the Ripon Runners web site.

You probably have the answer to your initial question by now anyway so just ignore my ramblings !!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
everything went ahead OK

I jumped the gun a bit, they sent the number to me later than I'd anticipated

bye for now

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,

Sorry this is a bit of a delayed response. This is not a site I have been aware of and have only just fond this post via Google. I am the organiser of the Fountains 10K & Fun Run and do try and provide a helpful and speedy response. I'm sorry your experience does not meet what would be my expectations but I can guarantee I am most diligent in responding to any email I receive. In my defence I can only suggest one of two things occurred, either your email never made it through or it was swept up in an over-zealous spam-filter.

I hope you enjoyed the race this year and we will see you again in the future.

--
Rob.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Rob

Thank you for your message...

I got a bit panicky when I'd sent the money in and not received anything back - this was reinforced when my emails weren't answered; that's why I posted around a bit to see if it had been canceled or something...

My number did arrive in time (just) and the race went well after which I added further messages saying I might have been a bit hasty - but at the time I felt like I'd been left in the dark, no phone number to ring either. sometimes we need reassuring especially when training toward a particular race day.

It might be an idea to ensure people can contact you if necessary - other than that a professional race.

Kind Regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts