Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine was been asked if 'I wanted any business' by a prostitute whils I was on a 7 am run in Bolton. As I was wearing shorts and a t shirt, you have to ask where she thought I was carrying any cash!:eek:

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
This didn't happen to me but to a fellow club runner sometime ago....he was out on his normal long Sunday run wearing vest and shorts, so looking like a runner, when he heard the blues and twos behind him. He carried on and as it happened turned right into a field to go across a farm and come out back onto the road a few hundred metres later where Dixon of Dock Green stopped him to question him about his whereabouts earlier in the morning, why he was running and why he'd run away from them into the field! Not what you need after 12 miles with 4/5 to go!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I recently met with a large feline - three times the size of a domestic cat. It was early morning, good light and within my sight for almost 200 meters of running, so I was happy that it wasn't a fox or dog. Dark in colour it took off very quickly across a field when it spotted me.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm assuming "blues and twos" mean a police car. But what is "Dixon of Dock Green"? I didn't grow up in this country so sometimes the local language used goes right over my head.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Karen said:
I'm assuming "blues and twos" mean a police car. But what is "Dixon of Dock Green"? I didn't grow up in this country so sometimes the local language used goes right over my head.
Karen,

"Dixon of Dock Green" is a TV programme from the '60s and '70s about Sergeant Dixon of, surprise surprise, Dock Green. Very quaint policing! The catch phrase "Evening all" came from the programme.

Probably the first TV programme to bring someone back from the dead(Sgt Dixon was shot dead in the trailor film, The Blue Lamp). :d

·
Registered
54 Posts
Of course not, although some of us seem to have remarkable memories. Anyone have any particular reminiscences of Inspector Barlow? (Z-cars I think)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yesterday on my 10 mile run, a car full of very young men stopped and wanted to take a picture of my large backside ! Apparently they loved it ! I continued running and they followed me for a couple minutes with their iphones sticking out of their car. I guess they got the shot ! There were probably some public offences there but I am very thick skinned !:amused:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yesterday on my 10 mile run, a car full of very young men stopped and wanted to take a picture of my large backside ! Apparently they loved it ! I continued running and they followed me for a couple minutes with their iphones sticking out of their car. I guess they got the shot ! There were probably some public offences there but I am very thick skinned !:amused:
:eek: :lol:

·
Registered
617 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
You too? What a coincidence!

EDIT: Lol just realised you posted it earlier, at first I thought a different person had quoted the post without further comment, so my smarty pants comment makes no sense.

·
Banned
408 Posts
I sometimes get people beeping at me - very annoying, as beeping should only be used if you're going to a car, or getting a pedestrian out of the way.
Another time, I was running with just my shorts and this car full of girls and lads kept the same speed to get photos/vids of me running. I let them, and sped up to make it more interesting. A mile later they drove off.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Ha ha, Paulrun. :d Yes, I get the beeping too - once from a massive lorry with a really deep horn. Nearly gave me a heart attack! I tend to just wave and think 'ah, how nice that they're cheering me on in their own way.' LOL

1 - 20 of 37 Posts