Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had a strange week. I run 10-13km a couple of times a week with a few shorter runs and 3 or 4 spinning sessions.

This week I set out on a 16km run which is about as long as I go but normally presents no problem. From the start I felt things hard going but, probably stupidly, pushed on. I ended up doing about 15km but it was a real slog. Much harder than normal and I stopped twice which I have never done before.

I chalked it up to experience and decided to take a few days off.

Today I thought I would do a 10km run which should take around 52-54 minutes comfortably. 5 minutes in I'm struggling big time, worse than before. I ended up doing about 4.5 km in 30 minutes and I walked quite a bit of that.

My legs feel ok but thre is just nothing inside. I've always found the first 10-15 minutes tough but things normally always settle down and I get into my stride but not this week.
I've just had a shower and am still sitting here 20 mins after the run sweating big time.

I feel ok in myself - maybe a bit tired but not ill. The only change is I'm on a bit of a low fat diet.

My question is is this normal? Does everyone else go through a period where you feel worse than when you first started running?

Thanks - Stu

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Completely normal...we can't feel great all the time...in fact most the time I feel knackered!!

Welcome to the mad world that is RF!!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Yes - it seems to be a regular theme on here. I think all of us (whatever our abilities) have days when we feel like we could run forever and others when we feel like dying after a few minutes of gentle jogging.

Hope the good days come back soon:)

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Welcome Bluestu:)

I'd say we all have days when we seem to be worse.

Yes you are normal not saying people on here are though;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts