Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was running a little low on energy last night before a run so i had an energy bar then did a run and it really upset my running. Is it best just to drink fluids just before running?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I eat at least 2 hr before I go for a run, and then like you say top up on water / fluids 1 hr before I go out, someone gave me a tip of carrying some jelly babies around to give you a boost if you began to feel weak - works a treat !!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Ginger said:
I was running a little low on energy last night before a run so i had an energy bar then did a run and it really upset my running. Is it best just to drink fluids just before running?
Have a look at the Nutrition forum where you'll find plenty of discussion about this.
Basically though it's a matter of learning what is right for you...trial and error.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Before the start of the Glasgow 10K a couple of weeks back saw a girl who had obviously got the wrong end of the stick, and while others warmed up she was eating bananas as fast as she could :eek:

·
Registered
813 Posts
Wish there was something you could eat really early in the morning to give you energy to run. If I have an energy drink, even though you are supposed to be dehydrated in the mornings......I still have to stop on route.

Lyn.

·
Registered
4 Posts
jelly babies

hi, i have subscribed to a running podcast on itunes which basically is an american couple talking about their experiences.on one podcast they interviewed a nutritien expert who said they could find no evidence that jelly babies can deliver energy straight away but is probably more physcological because the amount you would eat does not contain enough sugar to give you that boost.if your interested in the podcast it is irunningradio.com.
sorry to sound negative!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts