Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to get a sports massage either on Friday evening or Saturday lunchtime. But I have to do a run on Saturday at some point. So my question is...

Am I best to have the massage on the Friday? Or should I go for my run on Saturday morning then have my massage? Or do I have my massage then go for my run a few hours later? :confused:

Hope this makes sense

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Good question Richard! I'll await the response of someone who knows! lol. You could always give the place that's doing the massage a call and ask them??

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
If it's a proper, deep, sports massage its best not to have it too close to doing a run either before or after.
My fizz tells me not to run for 48 hours after a massage and after a run your muscles won't be able to take the pain!!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Steve's right... have the massage on Friday, and if it's a very deep sports massage don't go too hard on the run

·
Registered
664 Posts
I must admit, everything I've heard about these deep sports massages terrifies me. Not liking pain, I'd need an awful lot of convincing to go through one !

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the advice.

I've arranged one for Friday evening!

Ps Pain! nobody mentioned pain to me.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Richard said:
Thanks for all the advice.

I've arranged one for Friday evening!

Ps Pain! nobody mentioned pain to me.
If it's a true sports massgae there'll be pain alright........they sound proof the rooms you know!:d

1 - 8 of 8 Posts