Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a good place to get wicking running shirts printed with our own logo?

The key to this is the print must not affect the wicking properties and ideally I would like to design it online. The idea is I can advertise Mrs Hruns business on my run rather than giving free advertising to the manufacturer.

Here's hoping

Giles

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I have been doing the Google thing and have a couple of possibilities. Most want the image by email which means I hand over money before I see it.

At the end of the day you still can't beat a personal recommendation.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
At the end of the day you still can't beat a personal recommendation.
That is very true.

Generally if a company, particularly one with an online presence, gives bad service, people will find places to whine about it.

Then what I would suggest is finding a company/site that looks good, has good prices etc. Then sticking their name into google with "{company/site name} sucks" or "{company/site name} ripped me off" and other derogatory terms.

If you get no results across a range of terms, they're likely to be okay. Not a gaurentee though, obviously.
If you can find the company name on the website, or via a whois lookup, you might also want to contact Trading Standards and ask if they've had any complaints about that company.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great techie reply :p

I only know what whois means because being tight I built my wifes business website and came across it when registering trichology.org.uk. I had to find out if I could use the .org thing.

Getting t-shirts printed is easy, but I really want a proper wicking one done. The hunt begins...

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I'm not sure there's any kind of wicking shirt-print available is there? unless the logo etc is included at the time of manufacture? i.e. at the point of staining the fabric?

Even football shirts etc with names/numbers added on the back don't have wicking capabilities (except those manufactured with them).

Good advertising idea though! :d

·
Registered
56 Posts
We're looking at printing ourselves at the moment (for a stag do :d ). One interesting thing we came across was embrodiered gear. Although the logo wouldn't be very big (the company talked about it being around 5/6cms in width), not sure how visable you want yours to be.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
embrodiery usually entails a set-up fee... making it less than ideal for one-offs. It should be possible to have larger images etc embrodiered on the back, probably not ideal for a running top though :(

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Screen printing might be the answer to the wicking properties? I need to find out. Certainly anything that is transfer based will block it. I am happy to pay a premium in this instance but don't want to hand my money over to someone who misinterprets my request.

I want her web addy and Tel across my back and logo above the breast so it will cover a large area.

T-shirts for a stag do are easy, see bairys google link above.

·
Registered
56 Posts
T-shirts for a stag do are easy, see bairys google link above.
t-shirts are easy, however we want bandanas (long story) and they've been a nightmare to get hold of!

Screen printing might work. But like the embrodiery there will be a set up fee.

·
Registered
119 Posts
www.vistaprint.co.uk do printed t's but not sure if they do tech ones, other that that, the most cost effective way is to use a transfer system screen printing and embroidory both have a set up cost, i got a large logo printed on the back of running tops recently and it cost me £6.00 + the shirt it was a local company who i use for my work wear printing /embroidory and some race shirts we had done last year [T king associates in Buckingham]

try Yell.com the UK's local search engine - search for UK businesses and seach corporate gifts or workwear in your area

you can also buy special printer paper in PC world which creates an iron on transfer, not sure how much it costs but i may be an option

1 - 11 of 11 Posts