Runners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all. After ayear or so of running,I`m now up to 25-30 miles a week,and i think it may be time to get sorted with the right shoes.(Way overdue I know.)Anyway can anybody advise me where to go either in s.e. Essex or in the city. Thanks. Dave.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Greg .

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I agree with Greg. Runners Need in Liverpool street are the mutts nuts when it comes to running shoes. Very good shop indeed!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers fellas.I`m in town in a few weeks time and I shall pay them a visit.I`ve been having a few problems lately,and I hope somebody there will be able to help me.By the way how much will I be charged for the ananlysing.Thanks again, Dave.

·
Registered
220 Posts
DO take your shoes with you. The shop won't charge you, but will expect that if they fit you with the right shoes, you will buy them from them rather than bu**er off and get them online...

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seems fair to me.I look forward to giving them my custom.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Tell us how you get on with the shoes mate.
Retailers love it if you waste their time then go buy on the internet.
I know one that charges for the analysis but refunds it in the cost of the shoes!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I`m not going for 3/4 weeks,but I will let you now how it goes.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Steepler. I live in the Southend area, but I`m in the city every 4-6 weeks.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Evening all.Sorry it`s taken a bit of a while to get back to you,but today I finally managed to get myself to Runners need at Liverpool street.The service was superb,the guy who served me was the manager of the shop,he had a good look at my feet,he inspected my old running shoes,and he told me that i needed good support for my arches.Even though they had the treadmills in the shop he had me running outside becuase I don`t do any of my running on a treadmill.He eventually sold me a pair of Brooks Radius 06 for £65 and a pair of Wrightsock double layer for £8.50.Time will tell if his diagnosis is right,but after spending 25 minutes or so with him I`m confident it will be. It`s also worth noting that the 2 customers before me were sent to general sports shops to buy there shoes because the guy thought they would be more likely to find what they wanted there,rather than just making a sale of his own. Sorry this has all been a bit long winded but I hope is of some help to some of you.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I`ve had two good runs in them now,and they feel like their going to be just the job.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts