Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I’ve always worn Brooks Adrenaline GTS from 13 through to the latest 21, love their stability support to help with overpronation. I generally run 10k min 3 times a week on pavement at about 45mins but run longer every now and again up to a 1/2

Two people now have raved about how fast carbon sole shoes are running PB first time out with them. Really interested to buy a pair. Any recommendations based on the above?

TIA

·
4,345 Posts
I have read somewhere that they do not last for many miles and that their efficacy diminishes with wear. Gait, foot strike and ground contact time, will also have a bearing on how much you can gain, as they suit some running styles more than others. Also I believe that for sub elite athletes, the same gains could be made with improvements in training , diet, race preparation and race craft plus a change to normal racing flats.
That said, Nike seem to be at the forefront of development and the NIKE ZOOMX VAPORFLY NEXT% 2 gets good reviews.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have read somewhere that they do not last for many miles and that their efficacy diminishes with wear. Gait, foot strike and ground contact time, will also have a bearing on how much you can gain, as they suit some running styles more than others. Also I believe that for sub elite athletes, the same gains could be made with improvements in training , diet, race preparation and race craft plus a change to normal racing flats.
That said, Nike seem to be at the forefront of development and the NIKE ZOOMX VAPORFLY NEXT% 2 gets good reviews.
Thanks for your very useful information. 👍🏻

1 - 3 of 3 Posts