Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When running onroad i wear Mizuno wave inspire 4's which offer support to my arch,

i also own a pair of Salomon XA Comp 3's for muddier running.

Both are great but i find that the salomons have little in the way of support and if i run a route thats part road and part off road i find that my knees ache and my feet hurt.

can anyone reccomend an insole that will give some support and cushioning?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have used Sorbothane Double Strike Insoles, and I am now trying out some superfeet insoles. Both work in very different ways... the sorbothane basically use padding to soften and support, whereas the superfeet seem to use a harder support (which my arch likes), and a good cupped support of the heel to promote your foot to use its natural cushioning and padding...

I have only done around 70 miles on the superfeet ones (in my Mizuno Wave Inspire 4's), but they seem to be working for me for padding as well as the Sorbothane, and for support better than the Sorbothane...

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have used Sorbothane Double Strike Insoles, and I am now trying out some superfeet insoles. Both work in very different ways... the sorbothane basically use padding to soften and support, whereas the superfeet seem to use a harder support (which my arch likes), and a good cupped support of the heel to promote your foot to use its natural cushioning and padding...

I have only done around 70 miles on the superfeet ones (in my Mizuno Wave Inspire 4's), but they seem to be working for me for padding as well as the Sorbothane, and for support better than the Sorbothane...
was it the orange superfeet that you are using?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Beasty

if you want a superfeet insert for a salomon shoe you may need to look at the black product, it is the slimest and will fit ito thesalomon shoe with no problme, that shoe is quite slim in the mid foot area and can be too slim to acept the green superfeet

the volumes go from high to low

green thickest
orange/berry,blue similar in volume, orange/ berry is a new capsule which is slimmer in the mid foot berry is the lady specific one
black slim
grey [now a yelllow colour] very slim tight skates/cycle shoes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts