Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, New to running & new to the Forum. :p

I'm looking for some races, (road or fell) from 5k to half marathons, that give medals to all finishers.
Around the north west/peaks/south yorks area.
I've had a look at lots of race websites, but just thought some of you might be able to suggest some races that give medals to everyone.
Thanks.:d

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
generally speaking I'd say the vast majority give medals to all finishers - some smaller events may not, but your best bet would probably be to choose an event, or several events that are convinient for you and appealing, and see if they offer medals - as I say, most do :)

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
The Trafford 10k, runs twice a year in spring and late summer, and gives you a choice of whether you want a medal or not. Good PB course too :)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I'm looking for some races, (road or fell) from 5k to half marathons, that give medals to all finishers.
GoldDigger!!!

Nah just kidding welcome to running and the forums :)
As the guys already said - most organised road races give medals to all that finish, have a look locally and if unsure - e-mail or contact the race organisers

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Catalina - is your real name Jimmy Saville!??????

Actually thinking about it he was a runner - maybe his medals were all from races!

I know what you mean though about medals - they are a nice memento, if you search for races on Runners World, they usually indicate if a medal is given to all participants.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
i think it tends to be the bigger events that do races...
ive done ones with 50-60 people and just got a banana and a pat on the back.. but everything with 300-400 people+ have had a medal

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
The most recent 10 k I did in Southend didn't give out medals and I think there were over 1500 runners, all I got was another T-Shirt but I didn't care :d

Most races do give medals as has already been said :)

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GoldDigger!!!
Too right!! :d

Thanks everyone.
I thought doing a race with a medal would be a good incentive & a nice souvenir!
I've done a couple of fell races, (Oh dear God, those people are not human......:confused: they run like mountain goats.....) but they never seem to give medals.
Seems road races are a bit more generous with medals!

I'm doing a 10k in Southport on Sunday, & they give a medal. :p

I'd like to try my first marathon. My plan would be to mainly walk the first one, just to have a bash!! I'm going to have a search on the internet now. Anyone know of any coming up in the next few months? Not London.....too big, too far.....too much hassle!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts