Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I'm a new runner and have recently completed my first 10k, wearing an old pair of adidas. I've definitely got the bug and I'm training for a half marathon now...has anybody got any recommendations for trainers? Which ones are good/not so good?

Thanks!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
You need to visit a running shop and have a gait analysis to find the right type of shoe for your feet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to have my gait anaylsis done this weekend, so hopefully I'll get a better idea then. I was just wondering if there are any brands that are better than any others?

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Well they are pretty much the same I reckon. I've worn New Balance, Asics, Saucony and Brooks...the latter are my favourite. Costs pretty similar too really. Most important is to get the pair that is right for you..which the gait analysis guys should advise you on... and that you can afford! Worth the investment whichever you get.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
It's far too easy to get caught up in 'which is best'... but really there's not a great deal of difference. We're not talking TV's or computers here where we have directly comparable stats - essentially your buying some material with some laces, bit of foam, bit of rubber... The best thing you can do is find out what type of trainer suits your gait, and decide which shoe feels most comfy with the budget you have available. :d

1 - 5 of 5 Posts