Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all.
I have a question.I am running Great North Run for charity.I have a training plan in place but would like to know which Trainers I should buy. However I do have a budget around £50.00 thank you in advance for any help
Rob

·
Registered
89 Posts
You also need to get a decent pair of trainers or you could end up hurting your feet. Blisters are no fun and I finished one race with sore soles due to the trainers being too thin for me.

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Best thing to do is find a running shop and have your gait assessed, this will ensure you buy the correct type of running shoes for the way you run, otherwise you could be setting yourself up for injury. Once you know what your gait is doing the shop can then recommend the correct type of trainers to suit you. You will then get the opportunity to try them on a running machine and see how they feel, choose the pair that are the most comfortable for you and in your price range.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Best thing to do is find a running shop and have your gait assessed, this will ensure you buy the correct type of running shoes for the way you run, otherwise you could be setting yourself up for injury. Once you know what your gait is doing the shop can then recommend the correct type of trainers to suit you. You will then get the opportunity to try them on a running machine and see how they feel, choose the pair that are the most comfortable for you and in your price range.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
That's bad advice because there is no link between running shoes and injury and if you want gait assessed professionally then shop assistants are not the people to go to. Like getting medical advice from the people in Holland and Barrett

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, lots of great advice there, but Double 5 is spot on when he says try on lots of shoes, as what`s right for me, may not be right for you.

There`s so many variables it`s untrue - you`re weight / height, distance you run, surface you run on, the shape of your feet ( wide / thin ), your gait etc. Plus a lot of shoes come in different width fittings too.

Some people like shoes with loads of width, so the feet can spread, others like shoes that are tight, so their feet feel locked in, it really is down to the individual.

I`ve found that reading lots of user reviews about the shoes I`m interested in helpful too, as you`ll get a wide mix of comments, which may give you some idea as to whether they`re the right ones for you.

Buying the right shoes can be a nightmare, as quite often you only find out they`re not right for you after you`ve been out in them a couple of times and once you`ve worn them you can`t send them back !

Good luck (y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts