Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your favourite pie filling...sweet or savoury?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Steak and ale RULES :d

Mince pies are my favourite sweet pie. :p

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
twinkle toes said:
Steak and ale RULES :d

Mince pies are my favourite sweet pie. :p

That's nearly exactly the same for me. But my mum's apple pie just beats mince pies into second place.

Savoury beats sweet though, for me. But then I'm much more of a savoury than sweet lover generally.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Despite having the sweetest tooth known to man (except for maybe Trinity!) I prefer savoury pies! Steak (without the kidney), chicken, fish...as long as there is meat in it I'm happy! Not a great fan of shortcrust pastry, got to be puff!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing like having lots of puff.........

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
My gawd I LOVE pies... try not to eat them too often though :embarrassed: I can't think of a pie that I'm not keen on! Sadly I'm just not able to pinpoint a favourite - they all have their merits! :d

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I only eat sweet pies - apple pie, pecan pie etc. I don't think I've eaten a meat pie since I was a teenager. They are usually disgusting. I would eat a homemade one, but I never order one.

In any case, you people shouldn't be eating pies. You are meant to be fit, healthy runners :p And that's all I have to say about that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I worked at Everton FC one time and they were selling something called "scouse" pie. As far as i can tell it was just another name for a pretty standard chicken and vegetable.

How can the scousers get away with this?? If there are any about on here....explanations please...

J

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I went through a phase of having Chicken Balti Pies at the football, though I've since reverted to Steak and Kidney - I bet you all really wanted to know that didn't you :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts