Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

So the same as a lot of people I picked up running 6-7 weeks ago at the start of lockdown. I am absolutely hooked.

I started off doing 2-3 miles (I've always been average fitness) and I increases it 4 weeks in to 10K and more, running 2-3 times a week. Mixing it up anywhere between 3 and 8 miles now.

The thing is I get a headache about 1 hour after my run, and it gets worse and worse as the day goes on, the other night I went to bed at 9pm as I couldn't open my eyes it had developed into a migraine

I ran 6.87mile this morning at 8:19 minute miles and now its only 9:30am and my headache has started.

I have drank plenty of water, taken on plenty of sugar to see if it was either of these things, how can I stop this, it is ruining the rest of my day. ☹

Thanks,
Ed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, maybe the sugar thing has helped, felt a headache coming on but is has gone, so far its 2pm and feeling fine after this mornings run, I say fine, calves are sore but I worked hard for my running.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What are you eating before you go for your run, sounds like you haven`t eaten enough before you went out and you`re blood sugars have dropped ?

Have a look online, there`s plenty of info on when and what to eat pre run (y)

·
Registered
830 Posts
If it really is migraine you could try googling “exercise-induced migraine” or “exercise-triggered migraine”. These are medically known conditions but the cause and avoidance/treatment are not unambiguous so you'd be better to read into it yourself rather than my trying to summarize it for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts