·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just the 10K for me :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Half for me (my first one:'() and 10K for husband, his first one and he's been running four times this month:rolleyes: We'll probably finish around the same time!

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
All the best everyone who is taking part. I would have liked to have done it but not this year. Will try and do it next year though.

O.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Good luck and let us know how you all get on :d

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good luck to everyone thats running in either event today :)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really enjoyed it - hope you all had a good race

Managed 44min 24sec - going by my Garming anyway.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Enjoyed it too, 45:55 by my own watch. Really need to take some time off now to shake off a hamstring niggle, kicked in about 7k today, not too bad but annoying nonetheless, and I feel it inhibits me in the latter stages.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Fridays prediction of crashing and burning came true today, I managed the half marathon course in 2:17:53, going by the Garmin.

I'm glad I finished the race, but somewhat disappointed at being 20 minutes slower than my PB.:(

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
There is a train of thought that says you did as well as you expected. By expecting to crash and burn you ensured you would. I don't know how true this is but it is an interesting standpoint.

Well done on finishing regardless and let's look forward to the next one.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
There is a train of thought that says you did as well as you expected. By expecting to crash and burn you ensured you would. I don't know how true this is but it is an interesting standpoint.

Well done on finishing regardless and let's look forward to the next one.
Fair point HRun, maybe that was the case.

I've now got about 10 weeks to get back to my usual 2-hour standard for the half.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I had already decided that this wasnt going to be a pb attempt. My cough had turned productive and i am feeling generally snotty so just decided to enjoy the day. I enjoyed the pipers at the mile marks but found that the pace was generally set by whatever group of people you were trapped within. It was very busy (i was expecting it to be) and the field never really thinned. Felt generally good all the way round apart from the odd coughing fit untill i hit mile 12 and the knee went. I slowed down a bit but got some words of encouragement and so tried to up the pace again. It was not to be though and i had to walk, limp the final mile. I managed to do a grimacing trot over the line though. Time was 2.11. Only 5 minutes off my best though so i am reasonably happy.
I would do it again though as i certainly enjoyed the day.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did the 10k yesterday. It was my first race and I did it in 56min 21sec..... I'm pleased with that. :)

Found the first 2-3k quite 'slow' as there wasn't much open road in front of me, the people were packed in.

I really enjoyed it and am looking to sign up for another 10k. Anyone done the one at Strathclyde Country Park?

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
I did the 10k yesterday. It was my first race and I did it in 56min 21sec..... I'm pleased with that. :)

Found the first 2-3k quite 'slow' as there wasn't much open road in front of me, the people were packed in.

I really enjoyed it and am looking to sign up for another 10k. Anyone done the one at Strathclyde Country Park?
Well done on your 1st 10km.

I'm doing the 10km in Strathclyde Park, I usually do my longs runs there. There are a couple of hills about 4-5km in, but the rest of the course is flat.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i did the half marathon and it was my first attempt at that distance. my time was 2hr24min but i did achieve my primary aim of running the whole course so i'm happy. I will be looking to get that time down in the future though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well done on your 1st 10km.

I'm doing the 10km in Strathclyde Park, I usually do my longs runs there. There are a couple of hills about 4-5km in, but the rest of the course is flat.
Grant- how is the park for running in? I spent a lot of my (mis-spent :d) youth in Hamilton, Motherwell and Strathclyde Park as I am originally from Lanarkshire and went to Bell College.

As far as I can remember the Hamilton side was always fairly peaceful, but the Motherwell side just had loads of teenage guys driving their souped-up cars round and round the loch....do they still do that?
:lol:

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Grant- how is the park for running in? I spent a lot of my (mis-spent :d) youth in Hamilton, Motherwell and Strathclyde Park as I am originally from Lanarkshire and went to Bell College.

As far as I can remember the Hamilton side was always fairly peaceful, but the Motherwell side just had loads of teenage guys driving their souped-up cars round and round the loch....do they still do that?
:lol:
The boy racers don't seem to be up early enough to bother the runners. Most of the Hamilton side has been re-developed into a shopping centre, aloing with some football pitches and an Esporta.

Also, they have the main access road on the Motherwell side reduced to one lane of traffic, which seriously limits the amount of boy races you see on race day.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts