Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
here is mine:

(sussed it out at last, thanks for comment - after this one - from Trinity!)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Just copy/paste the link into the body of the text... it appears by magic ;)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Trin

thanks Trinity, now as you can see have worked out the whole posting images thing.

Meet Poppy, a collie I collect for runs, a grand dog, who can trot along for miles. She looks full of energy in the pic above in spite of having done 9 miles with me that morning.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Like so often in life, I'm my own companion :p

Lovely dog... my other half desperately wants one but, and I'd love to have one around, but not so keen on the idea of having one in the house - plus I reckon the rabbit would end up getting ignored :(

More than anything though, we're both in FT jobs, and I'm not sure it's fair to leave a dog at home all day on its own!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
thanks Trinity, now as you can see have worked out the whole posting images thing.

Meet Poppy, a collie I collect for runs, a grand dog, who can trot along for miles. She looks full of energy in the pic above in spite of having done 9 miles with me that morning.
she looks lovely, so is she a rent a dog? Sounds like a good idea to me, I would like a dog to go on runs with, but they need a lot of time which I don't always have.

·
Registered
683 Posts
What a super dog, just love dogs, well all animals really, we have a cat, but would love a dog as well, problem is the cat would get very crumpy if we got a dog.

I use to run with my parents dog, cocker spaniel, but she used to criss cross in front tripping me up constantly, loon dog.

Great exercise dogs, as you a forced to walk everyday twice a day...brilliant.

What is your dogs name ?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Sadly my fellas are getting a little older now....

Mo can now really only manage a 4 or 5 miler on road at a push... he prefers the cross country darting around in bushes type of outting

and my Rotty Jake, well he was never a long distance runner! :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
What a super dog, just love dogs, well all animals really, we have a cat, but would love a dog as well, problem is the cat would get very crumpy if we got a dog.

I use to run with my parents dog, cocker spaniel, but she used to criss cross in front tripping me up constantly, loon dog.

Great exercise dogs, as you a forced to walk everyday twice a day...brilliant.

What is your dogs name ?
When I was a kid (feels like 50 years ago), we had a springer spaniel, what a legend he was, used to run around like a nutter. Would love a dog, but what with the girlfriend, can't have two in the house (no-one laugh, that's a poor poor joke).

No, we both work fairly long hours up town so no chance of a dog, shame, but there you go (plus I struggle to look after myself let alone a dog).

Run alone (when I'm healthy), to be honest, prefer it that way.

Ian

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In answer to some of the questions she is owned by friends who are Vets who do walk her enough but are glad for someone to do a few extra miles with the dog, given how much energy she has. Of course if she was a working dog she would probably run most of the day. Being owned by Vets she is very well trained and will heel and come to in a second, never have to worry about her with cars. I have a key to their house so can collect her any time, handy for my 6.30am runs. What foxes her though is hill training, up and down the same hill, she's not quite sure what you're up to ;-) but then again I wonder what I'm up to as well!

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Ah isn't she cute Beasty, do you keep her in a kennel or does she get up on the couch???

Only joking Sweaty.
thats a bit harsh :notrust:

but i guess i should have read the thread properly before i posted that pic..... bugger

1 - 20 of 20 Posts