Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here watching FLM yesterday and thinking I'd love to, but I couldn't... think again. Two years ago I couldn't run a mile and last year I ran FLM for the first, but I hope not last time. Take it from me, if I can do it, anyone can!

If anyone wants to be put on my mailing list to receive info about my book: Running on Empty:diary of a Marathon Mum, please email me at: [email protected]

atb
marathonmumx

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I had a place for this year but had to pull out with an injury I picked up 3 weeks ago. I defered it but the thing is I can already have a place for next year with a GFA time I did at Abingdon last October, and also at the Duchy marathon in March. So I'm definitely in for next year, it's just a matter of what colour start to pick coz GFA's are in green.

But it also depends on if I can get the injury fixed and be able to run a marathon again :confused:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Trinity said:
I had a place for this year but had to pull out with an injury I picked up 3 weeks ago. I defered it but the thing is I can already have a place for next year with a GFA time I did at Abingdon last October, and also at the Duchy marathon in March. So I'm definitely in for next year, it's just a matter of what colour start to pick coz GFA's are in green.
But it also depends on if I can get the injury fixed and be able to run a marathon again :confused:
Well if you like celeb spotting green would be the place to be!

:eek: Is the injury that serious? Hope it's not

I'll enter FLM again through the ballot, won't hold out much hope though!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Really hope you'll be OK Trinity.

Ballot for me too, although right at this moment I hope I don't get a place!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had a place this year, but also had to pull out through injury about 2 weeks ago (got the injury 4 weeks ago, but thought I might be ready in time).

Deferred my place, so defo in for next year.... hope to be doing light running this week, but not going to rush anything as I really don't want to mess up my chances for next year.

Hey Hollywood, I got in through the bequest ballot, my first attempt too, so it is always worth a go.......

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Thanks guys... it seems I was wrong to fear the worst (I thought I'd never run again and was about to jump off Clifton Suspension Bridge)...but I saw a physio this afternoon and now I know exactly where the problem lies and better still...how to fix it :)

He also said that he'd be very surprised if I had to pull out of my next marathon, which is Copenhagen in 4 weeks time.

I'm allowed to run 2 or 3 miles on Thursday and if that's ok then I can go for 4 miles on Saturday! :d

·
Registered
419 Posts
Sparky - but if you bequeath then its so annoying how you find out a month later than if you don't bequeath... also I do seem to own almost the complete set of FLM reject polo shirts (1), fleeces (2), and watches (2) - the only thing I ever wanted was in 97 when they did a special "Born To Run" T-shirt (it said "but not this year" and had a big "REJECT" stamp on the back) - and I got in that year...

Trinity - glad to hear you were just an over-reacting moaning old minny (and very glad you're no longer in London so you can't punch me for calling you that) - enjoy those 2, 3 and 4 milers :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Fair point Hollywood..... in fact I only did the bequest thing because I was sure I wouldn't get in, and quite like the look of the fleece..... maybe that's the key.... mentally prepare yourself for the reject thing, and you will get in.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts