Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's lured you onto this forum?

Is this your first running forum?

Is it the more advanced functionality over certain other forums?

Is it an escape away from the corporate ownership?

Is it the socks?

Is it the fact this forum is smaller?

Does admin (Dan?) have some hold over you?

Just interested to know...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,493 Posts
I am a member on the RW forum... that's how I heard about this one, so it started with just curiosity.

Then I spotted the socks offer...and I have to be honest, that was my main motivation to keep coming back here.

Now I'm here because I like the site, I like the 'advanced functionality', and I feel kinda privileged to be one of the first members of a brand new forum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,493 Posts
right now I'm here to take the lead in the posting rates... before this posting I tie with Greg on 67 posts.... but I am about to be top poster in the forum


<<gets ready to bask in the glory>>





Sad innit...but I do have a life.... honest :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
I'm here 'cos it's a new toy, there's a need for an "indpendent" running forum and... free socks (which the postman must have nicked 'cos they still haven't arrived)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
I was just being nosey at first (saw Dan posting on RW!). Then saw the free sock thing so thought I'd try and get some. Now I quite enjoy it as it seems to be very informative without so much of the piss taking you can get on RW (which is good, but can sometimes get boring!!).
 

·
RunnersForum Founder
Joined
·
620 Posts
Greg said:
I'm here 'cos it's a new toy, there's a need for an "indpendent" running forum and... free socks (which the postman must have nicked 'cos they still haven't arrived)
Greg, your socks went out on Saturday. Trinity has got hers so yours should be with you tomorrow if they have not arrived today.

Let me know if they don't arrive.

Cheers,

Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,493 Posts
Greg said:
I'm here 'cos it's a new toy, there's a need for an "indpendent" running forum and... free socks (which the postman must have nicked 'cos they still haven't arrived)

Has postie suddenly started running between houses....coz it's a sure sign he's got your sox ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Thanks Dan.

Fat chance of the postie running anywhere Trinity. Lazy sod. Can't be asked to walk to the front door and ring the bell when there's a parcel so he usually just lobs them over the garden fence. Including 20kg scuba cylinders.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Greg said:
Thanks Dan.

Fat chance of the postie running anywhere Trinity. Lazy sod. Can't be asked to walk to the front door and ring the bell when there's a parcel so he usually just lobs them over the garden fence. Including 20kg scuba cylinders.
Scuba cylinders in Surrey?! What on eath is there to see (sea?) around there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Hollywood said:
Scuba cylinders in Surrey?! What on eath is there to see (sea?) around there?
Well, there's a big puddle in Wraysbury, but then it's only 1hr to the South coast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
i'm here to help hammerite get an i pod! maybe he will let me use it occasionally.

on a more serious note it has got to be the socks, but i am hoping that it will be a good way to exchange info and general running banter. as hammerite may have mentioned our running club has a similar board and that is very useful for kicking ideas around as well as gently insulting each other.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
chrisity said:
i'm here to help hammerite get an i pod! maybe he will let me use it occasionally.

on a more serious note it has got to be the socks, but i am hoping that it will be a good way to exchange info and general running banter. as hammerite may have mentioned our running club has a similar board and that is very useful for kicking ideas around as well as gently insulting each other.
You can definitely use it Chris :embarrassed: , if I get the gloves do you want to have one and I'll have the other?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Well Hammer provided me with the link so I guess I am helping him to get an iPod!! The socks definitely helped lure me over here along with curiosity!!

Also like the layout and functionality of the site as this is the type of forum I am more used to...
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top