Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Eargh... This is what I had to trudge through to the labs - I have done the sensible thing and packed a hat and gloves and several layers for the run after work heh.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sheffield. We've had literally one warmish day this year so far... :( This is now the most times it's snowed in one season since I've been in Sheffield - it's like being back in Aberdeen!!!! :'( And people wonder why I am so depsearate to go on holiday and just sunbathe?! (and do some running of course...)

·
Registered
506 Posts
I can't stand the cold weather either, you just seem to get nothing done. I walked across the garden to water the plants in the greenhouse this morning and that was enough for me. I would buzz off to warmer climes tomorrow if I had the means to:)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't mind running in the snow, but for the other 21-22 hours of my day I'd like to be able to go out for once not wearing 4 layers!!

How about for a forum social we all head off to spain? :p

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, the picture out the lab was looking more or less the same as above... however, now it looks like spring again!

Sheffield weather is very manic depressive.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
richardsimkiss said:
lol, I like the path to nowhere! or is that a long jump pit? :p
That would be fun if it were... but no, I'm not entirely sure what is going on. They've been working on that park since I started my PhD, they're meant to be finished by the end of next month - there's going to be a lake thingy and then some sculptural wall thingy... and... paths lol. Pain in the arse though cuz walking through the park would cut my journey time in to work by 5 minutes! :p Ohwell... I'm moving to the other side of the city anyway heh.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
I've been to Sheffiled before and it was bloody roasting hot, stayed the night at a friends in Buxton drove past the Devils Arse and had a great day out at the skatepark getting grief and hassle from Englander neds. Oh what a day but at least the sun was shining.

Squint

1 - 12 of 12 Posts