Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
welll ive been in to running a good 5 months now, and enjoyed it.

But today when i was into the first mile i received a stitch, which i dident receive for like 3 months, and i just couldent get up to my usual speed, my legs felt like passing out... It annoyed me because it puts u off running the next day....

I kind of missed 4 days from my last run to this run, so could this be it?

i also had a muscle cramp the night before, and felt it abit this morning...

i regret it but i missed of some of my course cause of this annoying stitch and the feeling i needed to stop, kind of felt i couldent get enough breath in my lungs

any suggestions? thanks for reading :)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Could be that you're coming down with a cold or feeling a bit run down, or could be that it just wasn't your day.

I wouldn't worry about it; some runs are just like that.

If you get the stitch regularly, try not eating / drinking immediately before you race, or doing some stretches.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have been running for 13 years and I get bad days. Usually it is a sign that something is brewing, but sometimes it is just a bad day for no apparent reason.

On bad days I go out for ten minutes, if it is still bad I go home again but very often if I go slowly I will start to enjoy the run.

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Hey Alan.
In such a situation I would run through it and then try again the following day.
If it persists then I will knwo something is not right.
If I feel better then it will probably have been just something that nagged me for a day, nothing much to pay attention to :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts