Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it that when i started running the improvement in my fitness was really obvious and every run seemed that bit easier/quicker or longer than the one before it.

Yet now after roughly 7 weeks of running twice a week i seem to struggle at the same point on the run every time ? Is it because my fitness gain has platued ? and if so how do i get round this. Is it because ultimately im a big fat knacker who was designed for drinking not excersising or is it pchycological (my speeeeling is rubbish) and i expect to be tired at a certain point so thats when i become tired ?

If it makes any difference i always run the same route would i benefit from changing the route ?

before i go a boy and his dad are watching tv when the doorbell rings. The boy goes to answer it and when he comes back he says to his dad "there's a man outside with a bill".

His dad says "nonsense it must be a duck with a hat on".

My son told me that so im sorry if it makes no sense but i smiled.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Heh...

Anyway, yeah, if you haven't been varying your routine then you will have plataued... the easy way of getting around this is maybe changing your route, maybe with some hills in, and add some speed workouts. It may all be psychological also... sorry I'm not very good at advice... but if you want to improve you have to push yourself a bit.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
As a-n-s says,it is worth changing your route OB.

Make sure you have routes of various distances to test yourself over.

Try running more often,you`re probably more than capable of running 3 times a week by now.

Keep a record of your times over the various routes,so that you can measure your improvements.This may also help with your motivation to push on a bit.

Just be careful not to rush the changes too quickly.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
oh_bugger said:
Is it because ultimately im a big fat knacker who was designed for drinking not excersising .
That was my thinking 2 years ago OB.

Be patient and it will all come together........

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
lol... bill! :rolleyes:

As has been said, change your route, it's quite possibly a psychological barrier as I'd doubt it'd be a performance plateu! (in my 3 years of running i've not yet plateued)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
keep going OB, we all get to a point sometimes and wonder when we might turn a corner and see improvements, it will happen, you're doing great. :d

1 - 7 of 7 Posts